Saturday, February 23, 2008

Sick Sad World

From G4M:

i had a friend working in one of the hospital here in manila. And i had seen this guy and nakwento ng kaibigan ko and that is pookee* as what people call him keekee*, daria* and marami pa syang nick.

Unfortunately nagpacheck up nga sya and he has been found to be Positive of the disease. di ko sana dapat sabihin to but... as what i have heard his promiscuous and never been into safe sex if you had sex with this guy please be aware that you might be infected with the disease.

His aware that he has the disease and living HIV carrier but his still having sex with multiple partners. His a bottom most of the time and some people here soon will know they are infected onces you will get yourself check.

I had a friend here soon will open up. His not yet ready but i know we can justify this thing.

I had someone who can justify he had been inflicted with gonnorhea with this guy.

ill ask him to write a reply for this forum.

Heres his link and number

guys4men profile name is xxx

friendster link http://profiles.friendster.com/16*****

name : oeureure

cellphone number 091********

as far as i know his working in a callcenter in Makati

---

Apologies for the sensitivity of my entry. Personally, I do not wish to bring up the topic in my blog knowing that I am not spared myself from such possible fate.

However, it disturbs me to hear other gay guys creating threads and spreading unverified and very damaging rumors like this in a forum like G4M. Imagine his cruelty guys, not only did he mention the full name of the person, he also posted his picture all over the thread. I know that doctors and medical professionals have a sworn duty not to reveal a patient's information, whether it is true or not. But here is a kid - a 21 year old brat in all his confidence telling everyone that the person he claims to own the profile has an HI Virus.

We all know how dreaded the disease is. It is a fate worse than death. In fact, a large part of the sufferings and torments of a patient comes from the social stigma and psychological terror that comes with the disease. Some cultures are too terrified to talk about it and being a country steeped in hollowed conservatism and excess biases, those who have the disease has no chance of getting genuine sympathy and support from people who are blessed enough not to get it.

I remember having a conversation with Gripen one evening. I told him that I think, what complicates the disease are the drugs that are used to contain it. What makes a person die from it is his own unwillingness to live. Then he told me of this HIV patient who survives until now after contracting the disease more than a decade ago. According to Gripen, this person stopped having those retroviral drugs after he simply got tired of it. Instead, he devoted himself to healthy living and meditation every day. What I think made the person survive is his sheer willingness to live. After all, I am a strong adherent of life springing from those who truly desire it.

I sincerely wish that a drug will be discovered that could finally cure patients with this virus. I think there's too much sufferings, sadness and cruelty in the world because of the stigma that HI Virus carries with it. It is not the first time I stumbled a thread in G4M implicating a member who allegedly has the disease. Most of the time, such threads are simply created to destroy a member's credibility and nothing more.

Karma seeks retribution. That's what I've learned from life. I am sure these rumor spreaders, whether they did it for their own selfish intents or for blinded, distorted morality will have their time in the future.

It just pains me to feel what those true sufferers must have been feeling right now. No wonder, I still see hospitals as the saddest place on earth.

No comments: