Sunday, February 24, 2008

To Write A Life

"nice to have met ya during the bowling thingie I'm an avid reader of you blog! keep on postin'!"

- .dot.
Pinoyexchange Hanap Barkada Thread.


---

It humbles me whenever some acquaintance from one of my groups turn out to be my reader.

Alam mo yun, natutuwa ka at nafla-flatter pero at the same time nahihiya ka. Nahihiya ka kasi tinanggap mo sa sarili mo na hindi ka dapat binabasa; na ang sinusulat mo ay puro kadramahan at kasentihan lamang ng iyong mundo. Pero kahit ganun, binabasa ka pa rin. Hindi mo alam kung bakit, pero binabasa ka nila at nalalaman nila ang laman ng iyong utak.

I'm not sure if it can be considered a form of exhibition, pero if it's my life that i'm baring to others, then I don't see anything to be very proud of it.

Writing is a therapy. That is something I have proven many times over. It also complements my love for history because I'm writing events in my life that will eventually become my past. I write not because I wanted to be read, but because I wanted to unburden myself of the things I feel, I see and I observe around me. One of the reasons why I enrolled in the graduate school program is to improve my ability to convey my thoughts. I want my words to pulsate with more life.

Nakakatuwang isipin na apat na taon na akong blogger. From a very humble beginning, I rose to become one of the long-standing writers in cyberspace. Wala naman akong sinusulat kung hindi ang buhay ko lang at ang mga taong nakakasalamuha ko. The journey I took was never a rosy one but I've learned so many things from it.

Looking back, what kept me afloat was the things I did in past. From my shortcomings to my overwhelming achievements, they became the drive that kept and still keeps me moving. Also, there are some unfinished businesses that I still need to settle. The blog reminds me of these settlements since I wrote most of them during the course of Pulsar's existence.

The blog saw me evolve and mature and it continues to see me as I enter new phases in my life. It has become an enduring symbol of my existence and what's so great writing about my life is that it kept my feet rooted on the ground.

The blog kept my humanity intact.

Four years ago on this same cloudy afternoon, I found myself seated in front of the computer. I was a bum and life then for me was a string of parties. The Odders kept my social calendar busy the whole month. In fact, we were about to hold another contingent that evening I created this blog.

Life was relatively simple and more securing then.

And to remember those early beginnings is like looking at a familiar portrait, an old sepia picture revealing a life that will never be mine again.

Things pass, they say.

Fortunately, my sentience has awakened so that I can write them down and remember them for all time.

---

"This is the first time I'll be posting in my blog. Phew, it was a very long time since I did this journal thing. Maybe its time to move on... everybody's doing it so why can't I?

I can't remember who said it but when a friend posted at the Yahoo Groups that my friends would get bored posting their thoughts at the online message board, a sudden bite of reality caught me. Everybody's migrating already and I guess it's also time for me to go. No matter what assurance I get from them, I think that the exodus bound to happen. I dunno but the migration thing really got me."

- Colony Ship Landed,
February 24, 2004.
First Blog Entry



No comments: