Tuesday, June 23, 2015

A Place In Displacement







It has come to a point that I have nothing to write, not because personal narratives have eluded me, but maybe I'm just too preoccupied catching up with life, after I choose the path of wanton abandon. 

I have yet to recover from that week-long absence at my jobs.

What I have learned from the deviation is that routines need to be sustained. Otherwise, the carefully crafted lifestyle built from embracing a humdrum existence might get broken, and the sudden newness in experiences might overwhelm me, like it did, when I spent days out of my cave and reaching out to people until I spread myself too thin.  

I will tell more in the coming entries, if I manage to get back in the zone, in spite of the pressing demands of the raketship, of the home affairs, of the troubles that I need to sort out after the consequences of my actions. All I am saying is that I still linger and I will keep sharpening this craft, even when the luxury of time, and creation appears to be in a full-scale retreat.

  

2 comments:

Bullfrog said...

This reminded of what F. Scott Fitzgerald said in The Great Gatsby: "So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past." But I guess what's really important is that we're still beating on.

Mugen said...

@Fred It's a struggle, I tell you. But yes, I seldom turn my back from my calling.