Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Still Here

In the age of microblogging - no - spur-of-the-moment thought vomit sustained by social media platforms like Twitter, long-form writing has become obsolete. Ancient even. All evidence points to journal keeping becoming a niche pastime.

But still, this blog exists, and from time to time, a longing of the past and yearning to close old stories with here-and-now revelations let me drift into these forgotten shores. I might be geriatric when it comes to digital technology, but I try to use some current tools, like the Blogger app to find my way back and briefly reclaim this space. 

(It won't be too long before I drift out again)

And if you're wondering how vastly different the past half-decade was in comparison to the present, may this photo, which I conveniently pulled out from my phone's memory serve as a lesson to the great mistake of 2016. Photo aside, we've come a long way from encoding Java instructions so we can put uploaded photos from cloud platforms like Pictogram to Blogger. 






No comments: