Sunday, July 11, 2021

Taal


Trigger Warning/Dream Sequence

Taal had a violent eruption. It took place late at night, around 9 or 10 pm. I recall how the sky was full of stars. There was no moon. Then, in the direction of the volcano, we could see magma oozing out of the crater. Minutes later, black plumes signal a more violent pyroclastic ejection. The explosion was so strong and so powerful, I wasn't able to move from my spot. Since I was in a hilly position, I could see everything reaching us within seconds:

Volcanic rocks flying in every direction.
Clouds of hot gases that could sear every living thing to cinders barreling over like a tsunami on the loose.

In that dream, I think I was one of the dead. Prior to being rudely awakened from my sleep, I saw two women, talking to each other. I do not recall what they were talking about, but seeing their surroundings, vegetation have somehow returned to the grayed out landscape. In front of them was a pink ancestral house, its wooden carapace still caked in ash.




End of dream.

No comments: