Thursday, May 3, 2007

A Gentleman's Protocol

The guy must always be on the danger side when walking with a girl.

The guy must make sure his girl date have reached home - to the point of accompanying her if possible, especially when courting this girl.

The guy must be in front of the girl when descending a stairs, and must be behind her when ascending it.

The guy must let the girl hang the phone first before hanging it after having a conversation with a girl. The list goes on, but the bottom line is, the guy must always be the securer and the protector of the girl.

---

These are the things that I've learned from a girl classmate back in second year college. I didn't know the reasons why she thought me these display of good manners and right conduct, but it did earned me the adoration of my girl friends back during my straight days.

Unfortunately, only few guys know these protocols. Most of them are rather ignorant or insensitive in treating a girl the way they should be.

You can call me old fashioned or chauvinist with my ideas, but I think girls still deserve this kind of pampering and respect from guys. I shouldn't be writing about this subject in my PLU-oriented blog, but when a girl classmate asked me for advice this afternoon about dumping her MU, I can't help but comment about the way this guy treated my classmate.

Imagine this, a straight chinito guy, his height is around 6'0 and his body frame is bigger than mine. He is a fraternity member in his college and courts this classmate of mine who acts like a princess - a dainty, finesse and very much innocent lady. She is the typical rich-kid kolehiyala without the bitchiness and pretentiousness that comes with being a conya.

She asked for my advice whether she should dumping with this guy who is courting her or not. The reason is, she gets turned off whenever this guy leaves him after their date or ignores the basic protocols I mentioned above - like opening the door of the car and making sure the girl gets out before leaving her. She also questions why, there were occasions where she gets to pay half of their dinner - when in fact, this guy courts her. Lastly, how could a guy, who hitches a ride with his girl affords to leave her to drive alone going home when he could just accompany her until they both arrive at the girl's place and then leaves her safe and sound?

Both me and our other friend (who was her girl confidant) agrees that the guy is indeed a jerk. I even recommended that the guy should spend some time with me to learn the basics of treating a girl or he might end up not getting a decent one at all.

In the end, I told the girl that if she ever plans on dumping the guy, it would be better to dump him slowly - like keeping a distance farther and farther away from him. I told her that there's no use of telling him bluntly to back-off for not only it would hurt the guy's ego, it would also be unlady-like for her to do so. When the issue was settled, I discussed to the other girl the importance of these manners especially to a guy who is courting a girl on our way home.

You see, it doesn't only show a guy's sensitivity. It is also a good way of displaying your masculinity in a sublime and indirect manner. It shows how much you respect her by making sure that her welfare comes first before yours. After all, even the most boyish among straight girls desire to feel protected and secured by their man too.

That's why, if ever I stayed straight, I could have easily swayed a lady to my will. I have done it before, (though unaware of it) surely I could do it again. The problem with me is that I am a torpe guy who won't even show a slight hints of direct feelings out of fear of being rejected. That's how I lost Ice Rose to a jerk before. My torpe-ness costed me some of the finest ladies attempted to court during my straight days.

On the other hand, such awareness leaves me perpetually focused on looking (or drooling) for guys who are much more masculine than me. Perhaps the reason why I converted from being a straight to a non-straight guy was because I got tired of being the protector and the dominant all the time. Eventually such strength and dedication wore off and what's left is the desire to be the one who is protected and secured by a much stronger guy.

That's why I have this certain preference for guys who are at least as old or much older than me.

And it is also the reason why I have this belief that a top guy is masculine, aggressive and discreet.

I wonder, if the girl who sought my advice this afternoon knew that I'm not straight, would she still listen to every word that I said?

Or would she just think of it as another homo's daydream of a perfect machoman?

No comments: