Thursday, February 16, 2006

>

They are, and will always be one of the largest BPO Companies in the world.
And for some time, I have dreamed of working with them.
Imagine donning a corporate attire, having one of the best IDs in the market and working in one of the most prestigious buildings you can find in Makati. It was pure bliss, considering my definition of a perfect job environment consist of working a 5-day regular morning shift job somewhere along Ayala; in some state of the art skyscraper with a majestic view of the city you can always gaze in your workstation; and a salary that would rival those my mom get from our security agency.
Once I achieve that, I swear I would never ask for more.
---
Tonight, two months after I have accepted the fact that I utterly failed their terrible examination; Two months after I have realized that numbers would always be my weakness in whatever career I would take.
Two months after they made me realized that I'm not as invincible as I first thought I was.
The called me and offered me a job, and I would have gladly accepted it in different circumstances.
But the odds were too much against me.
They offered me an administrative related business process outsourcing career.
Sounds very interesting. But who would in the right mind take a job that would require you to have a three-month training earning only P200 pesos a night with a free meal.
And after you have passed the training, the job waiting for you would only pay you P8,500 a month on a six-month contractual basis.
I could easily earn such amount in my present job as a text (sex goddess) operator
The risk is too costly and the return of investment is too long to wait. My guess is that I would just last six months before I would look for another (better paying) job again.
Might as well stay with my company a little longer. At least, it would appear on my resume that I have a sort of company loyalty remaining in me.
So, I have to decline their offer and forget the day I applied in their company.
Now that my present company is in a crisis. It would be best to stay and help them find a way to rebound again.
Who knows, such kindness would be rewarded in the afterlife.

No comments: