Monday, August 12, 2013

Gratitude




Na-confess ko minsan kay Panda na sa dalas kong magsabi sa mga kaibigan na "everything will be alright" sa tuwing may mga pagsubok silang hinaharap, minsan, nangarap rin ako na someone would tell the same words to me, at a time when it mattered the most.






One of my nephews fell off the stairs this evening. Yung bunso sa magkapatid. Dahil mabilis ang mga pangyayari, at hindi kaagad ako naka-recover sa shock, siya ang hiningan ko ng advice kung ano ang gagawin. Bilang nasa medical field na naghahandle ng mga cases ng bata, ang mabilisan niyang tugon ang nagpakalma sa akin.

Bukod sa nagdugong ngipin at dalawang bukol sa ulo, ang kinatatakutang pagsusuka ng dugo ay hindi nangyari. For that, I am deeply grateful. Tomorrow, he will visit the doctor to make sure no bone fractures or internal hemorrhage of the organs happened.

Situation at home is back to normal, with the 2-year old kid who just rolled down the stairs earlier smiling again. The shock is still there, with the screams of my mom and my sister still feeding terror to my ears.

But it will pass. Sana.

In the end, what will nest in the heart are those four words I didn't expect to read when I was on the verge of panic: when irrational decisions will result in a trip to the emergency room only to find that it wasn't necessary. Ang sarap lang basahin at i-internalize. It makes you believe you're not alone, and that somebody's watching your back.

No wonder, I am twice as brave when I am next to him; that guy who keeps telling me that things will be alright. Deep down I feel, not only has he become my strength. Slowly, steadily, he is the reason there's something within that ceases to be broken.

Somehow, there is something to look forward to the days again. 



3 comments:

Geosef Garcia said...

This too shall pass. Everything is gonna be alright. :)

kaloy said...

sabi mo nga: "Take it from me, there's an end to everything... :)"

in this regard, to bleeding teeth and bukols... ;p

sarap nang my magpapa-kalma sayo...

The Horny Attorney said...

During low, panicky moments, things will not only be alright. Things are bound to get better.