Saturday, February 17, 2007

Bunny Interludes Fifteen (Panic House Remix 2)

They came in the websites like knights in shining armor. They marketed themselves as THE authority when it comes to bodybuilding and weight management. Their confidence and knowledge about the proper ways to do workouts convinced me to move into their much hyped-gym that will open sometime this month near my office. I even stopped working out in my former gym just to prepare myself to the new and more challenging work out place their new gym offers.

Two months I've waited, and risked loosing everything that I have achieved for the past 11 months. And in those two lull months, I allowed myself to give in to my temptations - which is food and sleep. The result is I'm officially back to square one. Everything that I have worked for is gone.

And what's worst is that it seems like their gym wont open, not in the near future. They wont reveal the details, but I strongly believe that there were management problems that finally spelled doom to their promising gym somewhere in Shaw. Such unexpected turn of events leave me with no other choice but to go back to where I came from and start all over again.

But the problem is I don't want to go back. Not when my mindset is fixed into looking for something new - a far better and convenient gym than what my former work out place offered.

And you know what's the perfect gym place for me? I'm looking for an affordable one, with lots of cardio equipment that could burn all those excess fats away. I want something with newer and better machines, complete with a sweet spot where I could do all those extreme abs exercises that I once did, back in my old gym. And most of all, I am looking for a new one that is very near my workplace. My former one forced me to pass by my home every training, which was extremely tempting especially when you have to fend off sleep every time you work out. Eclipse offers everything that I ever wanted, but now that their existence remains very uncertain, I don't know where else to go.

I give myself until the end of the month to make up my mind and even consider taking drastic steps to reclaim what I had achieved before - even if it takes another full 10 months to regain them again. In all honesty, I'm not even in the proper mindset right now to begin the gruelling and time consuming trim down process which I endured last year.

So I stop here for the meantime. I would stop talking about muscles, abs, cardios, buff guys... of everything. Somewhere along the way, I got tired of chasing the bunnies, which I thought was easy to catch.

No comments: