Sunday, September 25, 2005

Countdown To Termination

I woke up this morning from someone's phonecall.

It was my boss and he was calling from the US. He was extremely furious and his first words were "Asan Ka Na? Wala ka pa ba sa opisina? Anong oras na?!?!" Since I just woke up, I was perfectly defenseless.

Rolling out from the bed and into the computer. I told him that I am logging on from home, which was acceptable but not really a good resort. It was 6:30 and I said that I woke up late because I went out last night.

From there, his furiousness further increased. He was raging mad and I was recieving the full brunt of it.

Gee, I have already forgotten when was the last time I ate soap early in the morning. But it was really a wake-up call. Last month, I was late for 10 days out of 11 days of work.

A colleague caused one of our clients to back out because he was absent during at a critical shift of the day. Nobody took over his post so the clients were furious with our boss.

His irresponsibilities caused us to loose one account.

And today, what I did was an abuse. I am accepting my mistake and my irresponsibility. I should have gone to BED last night instead of going home so that I would go to work directly from the party.

Now, I have to accept the consequences of my actions. I hear a termination coming my way thats why I should look for another work on the papers this afternoon.

At least, I would be prepared to go... and perhaps its a good thing to move on... now.

Just the same, I enjoyed my job and the company I am working with. Too bad, its time for me to go.

No comments: