Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Resolutions and Realizations - Act One

And so, the counter strike begins.

In order to protect myself from the looming termination, I began sending my "emissaries" to different "worlds" across the "universe." Somehow, my actions made me sane for a while since it seems like there are a lot of "worlds" out there that needed my "talents." Although that means competition and new adjustments, I guess this is better than spending a Chrismas completely penniless.

As of the moment, I still cannot divulge the names of the "worlds" where my "emissaries" had been to. Suffice to say, the "emissaries" made some progress. In some ways, I am beginning to feel that what my boss did after was an injustice. I am starting to think that he took the incident that happened personally.

Like what I've said in the comment box, there were others in the office who did more major blunders than me. But they never experience the scourge that fell upon me. Even though I was late for 10 out of 11 days, there were others who were late for 11 days. Sinulit ba. The others guys would not even inform the boss if ever they will gonna be absent. At least ako, kahit absent sa work, sa bahay nagtratrabaho.

So even though I was late all the time, I never incurred any absences.

Besides, I have this gut feeling that Rica Paralejo is insinuating the boss to turn against me. I don't know why he hated me so badly when in fact, I never did something to him. Am I just paranoid? I don't know? But I observed that ever since the boss berated me last Sunday, Rica seems to be in high spirits during the two days we have been in the same shift together.

It's like he's telling me... "buti nga sayo, sipa ka na."

I don't want to sound bitter about it. But honestly, if ever things won't change after the boss returns from his business trip abroad. If he continues to dedma me at work, I will surely resign out of delicadeza. I swear, I won't wait for the time when he would bluntly tell me straight to my face to leave the office.

I can't simply accept such humiliation.

Anyway, Let's give the situation at least two weeks for things to take its course. As of the moment, I would intensify the overhaul of my image so that he would see drastic improvements the moment he sees my progress report at the end of the month.

---

On the other hand, the incident made me appreciate my job in a different light.

Ever since last sunday, I began to reach out to our goddess in Australia. I was even making bola to her, just to implicitly say that "if ever they kick me out here, I hope you would intervene on my behalf."

As day passes, I feel like my death comes near. I have began to feel a sense of higher respect for my job, my cyber "boyfriends," "flirtmates" and "girlfriends" and of course, Mami Athena, who had been my number one protector every time someone bosses around me.

I have began to treat my job in a very special way, because I feel that I would be loosing it sometime in the future - perhaps because of termination, or even resignation.

Guess this is how you feel when you know that your time of passing is near... everything becomes much more special because you know,

Those things you hold dear would eventually come to an end.

No comments: