Friday, September 30, 2005

Notes From The Gran Emissario

Royal affirmations were given today from the worlds visited by my emissaries this week.

Although most of them only hinted their interest to annex me as part of their dominion, the mere fact I recieved a favorable response from them made me more confident in moving out and seeking my new patron. Still, my overlord hasn't responded yet to my formal apology and it is really pushing me to send more emissaries in hopes of securing my interests in the event of being dropped off in the middle of interstellar space.

Now I am convinced that he took my blunder personally. Too bad, he never gave me a chance to vindicate myself.

The last Royal Audience I had today was very enticing. A court elite hinted that I should do good in impressing their patron for the elite said her graciousness is very known for her opulence. The gran emissario reported to me that I could be recieving as much as twice as what my present lord provides for me.

Although the services I am obliged to give to their patron would be twice as difficult as I am giving my overlord, her graciousness is quite too difficult not to take notice.

Right now, there are three worlds out there who are interested in taking me in. Im pretty sure that by next week, such worlds might even double. The longer my overlord alienates me and the more I looses his favor despite my efforts to improve my realm.

The more I begin to resent and see the whole issue as something that is unfair for me..

Now that I have a go signal from my mom despite her reservations for me to use the jump gate going to another world once again,

Then I guess, I could begin to write the first few sentences of my famous secession speech.

---

On the other hand.

I visited my former patron and paid gestures for the good memories I had with them.

Indeed, despite the hardships I have experienced before under their control. Despite the overtimes and 6-day tolling I have done for them, our pioneering works had paid off.

Right now, more opportunities are coming their way. My supervisor, who had done me all the kindness and understanding a good guider could ever give, looks much more better and less haggard than the last time we saw each other.

I told her my issue, and she adviced me to save my own ass.

But what touched me most is her revelation, of what I gave to the team we have pioneered that brought them to the victorious state they are today.

She told me that I was the one who introduced to them the wonders of wikipedia. The wonderful website that lets its users tap humanity's knowledge with just one click of the search button. She said, it was my legacy and it proved to be very useful to their efforts.

Her words made me smile. At least, I have not been a bad apple to them.

Her words had become my inspiration now that I am beginning to doubt whether am I spreading enlightenment, or have I become a bearer of pandemonium.

No comments: