Sunday, January 1, 2006

Johnny Walker

The surreal image of a peaceful night shrouded by a thick fog; of empty desolate vacant lots full of talahib grass and random cars who you imagined would stop beside you, lower their windows and from inside, a stranger would just shoot you just for tripping.
The long walk from my aunts place to the main road in hopes of finding a trike that would bring you to the main terminal where a lone jeepney was waiting to take you from Bicutan to Pasay while right beside you was the dark, unlit superhighway hidden beneath a veil of thick fog, empty of vehicles that usually filled that busy throughfare; the oneness with the masses as you force yourself inside a cramped ordinary bus at Edsa as you realize that youre actually living the real world where ordinary wageworkers fight their way just to arrive on time in their respective jobs.
And finally, the victory of arriving at work on time, just as you have planned for the first day of 2006.
---
These were my adventures during the early hours of 2006.
For almost two weeks since the Outsiders Christmas Party, to the last hours of New Years Day at home. The thought of oneness with my loved ones was what made my heart at peace...
I found out that in serenity; in the perfection of things that have become part of your most cherished tradition; of inner simple wishes being granted; of feeling perky whenever the thought of being blessed by the Creator made me stopped blogging for the past several days.
The joy I was enjoying had completely made me wordless.
And now that 2006 has begun...
I hope that I would have better and brighter stories to post and remember for this year. In my heart, I wish that the nightmares of the past year would finally leave us in peace.
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

No comments: