Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Bunny Interludes Four (Side B)

First Month
14th Session

Sunday came and my boss was extremely pleased to see me in the office.

You see, there was a time when he got extremely "annoyed" with me after he noticed that I always suffer from "Sunday Sickness" every weekend. Actually, it wasn't really a sickness but an excuse to work at home since Phanks used to party on Saturdays and whenever he got drunk, he would just text me to sleep over at my place.

Seizing the opportunity, I would make every kind of excuses just to be able to work at home. Soon, it became predictable. I almost lost my job because of that Sunday Sickness excuses I had for almost two months.

---

That weekend, the weather was very erratic. It was very hot in the smoking area, while it was extremely cold in the floor. At the same time, our system went down, so we had a forced break that lasted for two hours.

Probably, the exposure to the heat and cold weakened my resistance. The extended cardio that I did at Malate worsened the developing muscle pains in my chest and arms... and for some really nasty circumstances, I ate something that night that made my stomach upset.

Come Monday morning, I was severely injured.

Though I was weak and limping, I never told anyone that I am incapacitated. I dragged myself out of the house, took an FX ride going to work using my left hands to guide me and worked normally like the company expected me to be.

But the severe injury prevented me from working out that Monday afternoon. As advised by my colleague Stella, I decided to go home to take some rest.

---

I slept for more than 20 hours and when I woke up, I felt better.

I went to work wearing my jogging pants - in anticipation of a comeback workout at the gym, but my mom begged me to take a rest and forget about gym until later this week.

Again, I followed her advice so I took some extra care to regain the energy I lost during the past two days I was sick.

Wednesday came... and I said by hook or by crook I must go to the gym.

---

Actually my fears were I might get used to living a comfortable existence that I might scrap the whole gym thing together.

You see, the only reason why I survived a month of work-out without any interrputions aside from oogling at men's photos at G4M before I leave the office was the fact that I followed a very strict routine.

I never openly complained about the pain I suffered - except in this blog, and when I was about to surrender, I just looked around to see those cute men who works out as well. In Bernard's words, I was namamakla discreetly at my own gym and instead of sitting pretty wetting in seeing their bodies, I tried my best to out-gym them through cardio and abs exercises.

---

And in one month, my work out paid off.

By conservative estimates, I lost around 10 pounds. It was twice than most students can shed off in a month. I also did, in an extreme degree, limit the sweets and cardio I take every day. The coke, C2, and Iced Tea were the first to go. Soon, I even dumped the Soya Milk as adviced by Pipay.

However, the greatest victory I had so far happened when I tried to put on a slacks, which a month ago would barely fit on me. When I wore it this morning, I was so suprised that it fitted nicely on my waistline. Even the belt looses an inch when I wore it this morning.

And I would never achieve this if not for XP, who supported me all the way. When everyone was laughing behind my back at how fat and lousy I have become, he was there to motivate me and prove to them that they were wrong. Eventually, my gym buff friends also provided me with their knowledge about working out. Those that XP cannot provide directly came from them.

Still it is a long way to go before I finally achieve my ending - which for some reasons is becoming more confusing as the signs of victory appears around. When I had a good chat with Choirboy the Pexer this afternoon, I told him that I don't know anymore what would I do after I achieved my ideal weight again. I don't know what to do after I get those abs and chest I've been staring lately whenever I am at G4M.

Honestly, when I left the gym this afternoon, I realized that my only desires in this work out is to get a good, nasty *toot* from Phanks everytime I needed it, and the body to boot whenever I strut around in BED. That's all.

The flaunting I do in G4M... which is becoming more interesting as weeks passes, would eventually fade, after I reclaimed my bot status again.

Sounds very tastless and silly for a grand project that would take a year to complete... but it is the only thing I would really get from it. Of course, health and confidence would build up as I become more toned and defined, but hey... I'm not single. Unless I'm looking for casual sex all the time, then being buff is a major points in every market transaction I would do

Unless of course, I'm hitting on a fellow bot.

---

Still, it is a long way to go before I could really enjoy the fruits of my effort.

If I would intensify the routine that I am zealously following, it would take me around four months before I become 170 again. If I would maintain my lifestyle for the rest of the year, I might get the abs and chest I've been dying to have ever since the world began.

At the moment, it's time to look back and celebrate the initial succcess of my project. All for the sake of feeling better, here I am raising the stakes

Just for the sake of feeling better, I'm changing things that I once I thought would never be.

---

I'm gonna try anything that just feel better
Tell me what to do
You know I can't see through the haze around me
And I do anything that just feel better
And I can't find my way God I need a change
And I do anything that just feel better
Any little thing that just feel better

- Aerosmith/Carlos Santana , Just Feel Better

No comments: