Tuesday, March 7, 2006

Bunny Interludes Three

11th Week

Attending the work-out three times a week is like a protracted war. You would never know who's side is winning; how much fat you lost and how many muscles you gained in a span of time. It's like a long term battle aimed at exhausting both sides of the conflict - it's either you surrender the struggle, or your fats finally withdraw from your lousy body. In any case, it is something I have to face in this work-out. Nobody knows - except my own skin, how much I lost or won since I started the gym almost a month ago.

It turns out, that the weakest part of my body is my arms. There were times I cannot even lift a 20 - pound dumbell. It really is embarassing to see such desperation especially when the buff and gym toned guys are around. Fortunately, my aim is to loose wait. At least I am not pressured to eat pounds of steel whenever I work out.

Still, my main concern is my diet. After all these weeks, I still haven't figured out what diet regimen to adapt. I heard some lean guys talking this afternoon. They were boasting to each other how little rice or carbs did they consume just to loose those flabs. Honestly, I cannot match their discipline. Rice and meat remains my staple. Eating Wheat Bread is not enough, while my tummy still adapts as it tries to consume fish and vegetable instead.

So far, if there is any area I am absolutely winning, it is in the field of manouvers. Imagine last January, I cannot even get out of the trike which I have to ride going to the office. Now, I would just merely extend my feet and my entire body, including my butt would follow. Lately, I have also noticed that all my moves are gradually becoming effortless. I even tried dancing in front of the mirror this afternoon and to my surprise, I could bust some moves I'm dying to show - at Government, or Bed real soon.

I have achieved my flying gerl status. Now, my focus is to eradicate my flabs on my tummy once and for all.

From my observation, it takes me at least a week to loose a pound - that is, if ever I force myself to eat my nails instead of rice. If I could endure this lifestyle for at least 10 months, probably I could finally declare myself out of the "overweight" status. Ten months is a very very long time. In these times when my objective and motivation is in question, I think the only thing that holds me together are those guys I drool at G4M everyday, and my dear routine - which I am trying so hard to follow just to ensure that I may not loose my focus.

---

When I started doing sit-ups, the cramps kept on forcing me to rest for at least 5 minutes before doing another set again.

Today, I have done 40 reps in just one set, and I never felt any cramps at all.

However, being a "suki" of cramps ever gym session, I forced my calves to take heavier resistance while doing an exercise.

The outcome: I only did around 5 reps, then cramps struck me hard at my left calf. It even forced me to lessen the resistance just to endure the pain.

And because the cramps lingered on until the session was finished.

I had to walk home... just to ensure that I won't have a cramp attack while inside a public transpo.

What a life.

No comments: