Thursday, April 27, 2006

State Of National Emergency

Part Cuatro (Finale) - 10:35 pm

Twenty four hours had passed and finally my computer is up and running again. It took me an entire day just to wait for the technician to arrive, He came at a very later time than what we have agreed upon. So the rest of the afternoon all I did is wait and wait.

So far everything is working fine. I have installed most of the major software programs back to the PC - except my Sims2 University which appears to be corrupted; and my Limewire which needed a java program to work.

Still it would take two more days for everything to hopefully settle down. Good thing, the whole installation operation took longer than expected. When it was finished, I was pretty tired to even go out.

Now that my computer is back online, I think its a very good reason to stay inside my room even though it's so damn hot in here.

Part Tres - 2:47 pm


It is like a massive planetary evacuation. There is no other choice but to reformat the entire system in hopes that my personal computer would work again. Up to this point, I am not sure how much damage did the accident cost me. But if I needed to buy a new video card, might as well include a bigger hard disk with it.

Three blank CDs were used to back up the files that would be affected by such reformatting.

The first to be backed-up were the priceless batch of new Mp3s. So far, when I played it on the DVD player, all the songs appeared to be working. Next in line were the photos and documents that were stored on my drive C. I would still have to check whether they are working or not.

Lastly, I attempted to back up the massive Sims 2 folder that contains all the data from my present game. Actually it was that frigging game that is the reason for my OS' corruption. Hopefully, my back up would be successful. After all, aside from my Mp3s, this folder is the second most important data cluster I have to save.

In 30 minutes, hopefully the technician would arrive. I cannot stand being in a situation like this.

Part Dos - 12:45 am



For some reasons, my computer regained control of its display settings. But after a test run of Sims2 Open For Business, it appears that my computer is having problems with: 1. Its 2-year old video card; 2. Its Windows xp operating system; or 3. Both the hardware and software have problems.

As a precaution, I have already contacted a technician to deal with the problem tomorrow. Hopefully he could isolate the problem. But if it would require me to make a premature upgrading, I would not think twice of doing so. After all I would not stand a day without a PC.

Whatever happens, I am bound to reinstall my Windows xp.

I am not sure how long my OS would remain stable. First thing in the morning, I would make a back up copy of all the most recent mp3s I downloaded using Limewire.

---

Part Uno - 10:41 pm



Logging from somewhere offshore...

This is what happens when my computer breaks down. All hell breaks loose. By hook or by crook, my computer must be running by tomorrow morning. Even if it would cost a fortune just to make it work again, so be it.

This is the phanksmaster, temporarily signing off...

No comments: