Monday, August 28, 2006

Bunny Interludes Eleven

- 180 lbs.
- high blood
- laging stressed out
- feels something weird in my chest, especially near the heart area
- super massive
- slow mobility
- careless diet
- extremely low self esteem

- Dreams Of Becoming A Gym Bunny: Part Two,
March 15, 2004

--

Sa pag-gygym ko ngayon, target ko lang naman ang maging malapad pero mapayat ang katawan eh. Gusto ko lang na kapag tumingin ako sa salamin, walang beelbeel at tiyan na tatambad sa harap ko.

Wish ko lang na kapag tumingin ako sa salamin habang nakasuot ng white tank top, ako mismo eh mababakla sa sarili ko.

Hindi ko na bet magkaroon ng sixpacks o kaya pang-model modelan na katawan

Sapat na sakin ma-achieve ang pinaka-minimum objectives ko.

Pero who knows...

- Hopes Of Becoming A Super Gym Buddy,
August 31, 2005

--

If only the bunnies could see, what the dreaming has done to me.

Two years, eight months, countless sessions and several failed attempts before, here I am still holding on to my gym routine. So far it has never been broken for so long and it's result on my body, vanity and self-confidence would have been unthinkable. I never had expected that such tranformation is possible when I was just merely attempting. In fact, my built is slimmer now compared to my body size two years ago.

Gym instructors come and go, work-out buddies take breaks in training which span for months only to return after. In my case, there is no stopping. my longest break so far was one week. I am so concerned that stopping for too long would encourage me to break my routine. Breaking it also would revert me back to my body size before I enrolled at the gym.

Which is one of my greatest fears right now.

These worries, which add to the fact that I have become so vain these days, the chubbier Joms would get ashamed of me, prevents me from stopping completely. At times when things get pretty hectic and working out becomes a burden, All I would do is face the mirror and take off my shirt. Once the narcisstic side of me starts to complain, expect a gym session the following day.

My gym session has been so regular, one would think that I have become a regular fixture there already. But there are others who are more zealous in their routine than I do. A good example of it is this one guy, who, two months ago was chubbier than me. After spending hours and hours in the gym daily, he is slimmer than me now. He even revealed that he takes suppliments to help him burn fats faster.

Another trainee, who smirked at me last February after he saw me having a hard time lifting a twenty-pound pump machine was surprised to see me toned down when he returned to the gym after several months of absence. When I told him that I developed it ever since the last time we saw each other, he told me that I could have improved my body faster.

In my mind, all I could reply is: "mabilis ka nga papayat, madali ka ring tatamarin. Kapag tinamad ka, tataba ka na naman ulit katulad mo..."

I'd rather spend a year doing a slow-toning progression than rush the entire program, physically and mentally unprepared for its results.

In the long run, I believe that those who really succeed in bodybuilding are those who have the vision and patience to adopt the entire activity as a lifestyle. Nobody would be crazy enough to spend three hours in the gym every other day just to satisfy his objective.

Unless of course, that person made a personal vow and commitment to achieve his objectives.

As for me, I may have shortcomings on my diet or my weekly schedule. One might think that I'm simply working out to perform my routine or to make my money's worth. But based on experience, those who told me what routine to do are the ones who quitted easily. Those who rushed their training ends up getting exhausted, without achieving their ideal ends.

Still, it would still take months, or even an entire year just to achieve my new goal of having my own firm chest and six-pack abdominals. I should have asked Neutron P3 the last time we saw each other to dare me again so that I would have more reasons to go to the gym every week. Hopefully by the end of September, I have achieved a weight, eight pounds short of my goal of 160. If my work out session would never cease until December... If my work out would diversify into other sports which would speed up my full body development,

I think I already have the best gift for my birthday.

What I can do now is to remain constantly awake, and remember the bunnies in my dreams before.

No comments: