Thursday, August 31, 2006

Lone Wolf Searching For His Pack (Act Three)

What if suddenly one of your component gimmick was cancelled just when you're about to arrive at the intended meeting place? How would one cope up with the sudden free time you've got in your hands?
This is what happened to me tonight.

Imagine boarding an FX without any clear destination to go. The only thing that circulates in your mind is the feeling of loneliness; of suddenly going out of your shell only to be surprised at how empty and desolate the world outside of it is.

To cope up with the changing scene, you frantically send an SMS message to some of your friends, indirectly seeking their company. After all, you thought that since you responded to their distress call before they would pick up your distress beacon when it's your turn to make the call.

Unfortunately they didn't.

They would pretend that they didn't understand what's the message between the lines. And since you didn't ask for any direct plea, they would think that you were just merely asking for suggestions.

Which is not a concern actually. After all, I really don't know what topics to bring up and what issues to talk about if ever I asked somebody to keep me company in such emergency cases like this. It's just that I can't help but be surprised at how distressed my state is right now.

Before, these things wouldn't bother me. For all I care, I would simply barge a party whether I have a company or not. The internet would suffice as a security blanket in moments of wait-time before late-night events. And during the party itself, dancing would distract me from realizing that I took another soloflight nightout once again.

Because as I have always proclaimed, dancing makes me feel free.

Good thing, internet cafes have sprouted everywhere. At least, the feeling of loneliness has subsided by merely unloading some personal burdens here in my blog. If not for the anticipated meet-up with some new found friends in BED later tonight, I would have postponed my nightout altogether and instead focus on writing a lead paragraph for my essay.

But I'm already stucked outside the house. Wearing my usual partee outfit, I have nowhere else to go but to my other component gimmicks for the night.

Indeed, too much protection from your own walls is not good sometimes. Since I'm not used to seeking solace in other people's company, I have a hard time asking people out, now that I'm looking for one.

And now that I have proclaimed the night as mine, might as well prove myself that I could stand on my own.

With or without Darkstar for extra confidence,

I still have me for company.

No comments: