Saturday, September 2, 2006

Boulevard Of Fallen Dreams

The news is out. It's over.

After so many years. The conclusion is at hand. However, as silence would recommend, it's not my job to pry in their affairs. I was just listening for whispers and reading the words hidden between texts.

And the speculation is correct. It is an end.

So what now? Should I quietly watch... and hope that in the long run, things would turn out better? Or should I accept things as part of life, like what Mutya told me before?

Is it meant to end this way, like what Sealdi told me sometime ago?

What would I learn from it?

In my mind, I imagine myself standing in front of an old worn-out tree. I'm not really sure how many storms did the tree endure so far, but obviously, it is a tree more sturdy than the one I have.

Looking up, I discovered that all it has is a single leaf...

Which suddenly snapped from its twig

and then slowly... gently falls to the ground.

into the dry earth, where all things end and begin.

No comments: