Monday, July 17, 2006

If Looks Could Kill

Dear XP,

I remembered that several weeks ago we had a little chitchat about the importance of looks in PLU life. You know what, you are absolutely right. Appearance, particularly body size plays a big role in the formation of hook-ups, relationships, and even some sort of heirarchy in the "world" we live in.

Sad but true, but I guess the more good looking and masculine you are the more guys like us become attracted or interested in you. That's a fact of life I have to accept now that I come face to face which such reality.

---

It began two days ago. I stumbled upon the friendster account of my newest favorite radio station in town, 107.9 Underground Radio. The station plays house and electronic music non-stop 24/7. It's like clubbing at BED or Government the entire week without the trouble of paying the entrance fee. Anyway it's just a new radio station but their friendster list is full of beautiful people.

I checked out the profiles that are linked to the radio station's friendster list. One profile that caught my attention is a photo of a guy showing his back with a tribal henna tattoo design while on the beach. His back muscles alone is so yummy na, what more if he showed pa his face.

So I opened his profile to check more about the guy. My God, he was so gorgeous I could have wetted myself in an instant. Imagine bud, his pecs and shoulders are perfect. He has a pointy and well proportioned nose, an angular chin and most of all, he is a Chinito - God's gift to big boys like us. Unfortunately he is married and have kids at a young age of 23. Oh well, he's just a guy, folks like him exist to be admired and be drooled upon by us.

I also created an "extra" account in G4M last week. I was supposed to do this experiment about a very ugly guy (A distorted and lambasted pic of a gay colleague) and how the simple and "nagmamaganda" folks of the website would respond to his "private messages."

However, I got bored with the profile because Mami Athena, the nice lady who photo-shopped my colleague's pic hasn't lent me a new batch of mutilated face pic. Since I had a new idea after I checked out the hottie's pic in friendster yesterday morning, I immediately scrapped all traces of my previous experiment with my other G4M account and replaced it with the photos of the guy I just opened in friendster.

The straight hottie suddenly become an "unsure" tripper guy.

---

The new photos were approved this morning. On its first hour alone of being "parked" in that website, tons of private messages from other guys came tumbling in. There were many who just wanted to admire the guy's physique only to ask for sex after, while some were very aggressive even from the very start, they wanted to hook up with my "guy" this morning.

What's flattering about using the experimental guy's profile is that those equally hottie guys in G4M, which would have easily ignored my own profile's messages were suddenly the one who sends messages to my new guy. In fact, I was so overwhelmed by some of their messages that I can't help but be flattered myself, even though I dont own the pic.

In fairness to the straight guy that really owns those pics I "borrowed," I made sure that his "character" remains dignified and honorable. I made sure that he won't appear nagmamaganda or too playful, harsh or flirty to other guys in the website. Honestly bud, I felt guilty yesterday while uploading his pic - but this is something I want to experience.

For the first time, I felt how it is like to be uber-gorgeous to the eyes of everyone.

And what I've learned from the experience is something I never expected.

---

Indeed, there is a saying among us that says "pumantay ka sa katapat mo." Im sure you understand this catchphrase bud, but I only appreciated its meaning while using the fake account. Cherokee, the guy whose pic appeared here several weeks ago was my guy's first victim. Using the hottie pic, I merely asked the gym where he worked out. In just a couple of minutes he replied and it was the start of our conversation that borders around sex(He is a bottom kaya I'm turned off na.)

Those who would send me junky messages like "hi," "care for a hook up?," "talaga xtra large ka, baka pwedeng patingin?" were immediately ignored. An average effem looking guy insisted on chatting with him in YM. The manner in which he introduced himself was so offensive, I was short of replying "Why should I chat with someone as ugly as you?" But I just restrained myself out of Karma's wrath.

Even though I don't own my profile's pic, my attention was focused to guys who are as hot as my guy. I even got the luxury of seeing the faces of the guys who just show their well sculpted body in their main profile.

I guess that's the priviledge of being good-looking and muscular as well.

But while writing this entry for you, I suddenly felt that his life must surely be a sad one.

---

Imagine checking out the site everyday reading tons and tons of messages asking for hook-ups, dates, eye-balls, and things like that. Imaging enduring the cycle all the time until you get bored and jaded with the same routine everyday. Since you are extremely good looking, you are constantly in search for someone more goodlooking only to be disappointed in the end. The search and dating and hook-ups goes on and on until you get so fucked up, you would start ignoring others by immediately putting a precaution message on your profile.

Since you are very masculine and probably not out to everyone, you would have a hard time making friends (because most of your "friends" would indirectly flirt at you). You can't trust or confide to no one because most of them would just simply get attached or attracted to you. I really wonder whether such face and body would get you a real friend.

Ang hirap rin pala.

---

But it was fun to be in someone's shoes like this one. While doing this "little" experiment, I just thought of work and everything fell into its proper places. In fact, the fake guy claims to have a condo unit in Rockwell and a business venture in Mandaluyong.

Shala
diba?

I will still maintain the profile just to remind myself how great and difficult it is to be hot. I would access the profile from time to time (most of the time actually) so that I would always have a reason to shape up and be fit especially now that my work out is so erratic.

His pic would become at least, my ideal. I may never meet the real guy but at least his pic might inspire me and put my feet on the ground all the time.

In the end, after everything has been said and faked, one thing that I positively realized about this endeavor is that the things which we percieve as good, would only be better if we do it the right way.

Like what I've said to a friend this afternoon while chatting with him in YM about my philosophy if ever my work-out completely succeeds.

Beauty with responsibility.

Nothing beats a guy who is good-looking and down-to-earth at the same time.

No comments: