Friday, July 7, 2006

Things That Make Me Go, Taas Kilay (McVie Following Mix)

"I've worked so hard to achieve my body. So please before sending me a pick-up line make sure your're worth it.
Am not your typical college boy. Am smart, extremely good looking, i sport a great body and most of all extremely horny at all times."

- G4M Profile
---

This is what's so frustrating about men who thinks they are the chosen ones of gaylandia. They would post a very irresistable picture in their profile, post it in that website, and tell everyone who oogles on their nude pics to back off because those that deserve their attention are the ones whose looks and body built are equal to theirs.

That leaves the chubbies, the effems and the campy young twinks at the very bottom of the market heirarchy. Isn't life so unfair sometimes?

I think it does.

When I read these kind of junk on a guy's profile, I remember that one guy who blocked my account many months ago after I told him how admirable his "looks" and "overall angas attitude" is. I remembered how Neutron (a friend from PEx) told me not to be too ass-licker to the guys I complemented because in the end, they might think that I am just a looser who is desperate for attention. Considering how chubby I was on my pic before, not many guys responded to my friendly messages.

Many times, I felt like I was indeed a sore looser. In fact, just to redeem some little confidence, I would participate in forums that specifically talks about how other people thinks about you and your profile. Such threads include "idadate mo ba ang taong nasa taas mo?", "Gwapo ba o cute in person the guy above you?", "boyfriend material ba...?" etc. Those threads are actually a good appeaser of your faltering ego depending on how the guy below thinks about you.

However, when the person below thinks you're not his type, sometimes he would even leave hurtful words that deserve some equally hurtful words, if the person below him would turn out to be far more appealing than the person just below you.

In the end, I stopped joining such forums and instead, focused my attention on threads that actually provides advice and tips to some other guys who are confused about certain things. That way, if ever I catches someone's attention, it would be in a positive manner. At least, I won't appear too desperate for good reactions from people who have only seen my photos.

---

The guy who wrote such self-centered profile above must have hooked up - with the guys who uses the same kind of style he had adopted. Magsama-sama silang nagmamaganda! I bet the main focus of their gay lives revolve around sex and nothing more... I bet when they are alone, they would rant as to how most people treat them as sex objects, a piece of meat that passes from one guy to the next.

And when the cycle goes on like there's no eternity, they would wonder why their lives are so short and sad. They would wonder why it's so hard to be a PLU who's only existence depends on how many guys they had in bed.

Comparing their profiles and the ones I am keeping right now, I guess mine would always stand more positive than theirs. No matter how silly and funny mine is, at least, the aim of friendship is written all over it... That way, whenever I compliment someone now, their first impression is that I'm someone who is harmless and can be trusted.

You see, nice guys seek persons who have a nice heart.

If you want someone that is into real relationship or friendship, write a funny or heartwarming friendly profile.

Believe me, that way, I met more friends than I could have ever had with my old uber-dramatic but boring one.

Even Cherokee, the guy who's pic appeared below, is an acquaintance already.

No comments: