Thursday, July 20, 2006

In His Name (Dream Journals Seven)

Two weeks ago, I was on my way home from school when I suddenly thought that my hectic schedule has somehow lessened my communion with the Almighty. In my mind, I was asking myself if I have already fallen from grace. Before my thoughts drifted elsewhere, I offered a silent prayer asking Him for answers. However I have already forgotten what my exact question was...

Last night, under a heated argument with my mother about our dependence on prayers, a transformer near our house exploded shortly after I told her that we shouldn't rely too much on Him when it comes to our well being and security. We should also make realizations and precautions on our own. I told her that the least thing I would like to do when praying is asking for favors - since I believe that I had asked too many already.

Since it was brownout and is extremely hot in the master's bedroom without the electric fan, I invited my mom to sleep in my room. Before she falls asleep, mom told me that my room seems to be very serene and peaceful. Such calmness, she claimed has made her feel at ease.

When I fell asleep, the questions I had in mind... and the arguments last night has been answered. In my dream, He somehow relayed his message to me.

---

It was nightime. A strong blizzard had seemed to pass over because of the thickness of the snow I encountered while climbing a mountain on my own. When I reached the summit, several children in their tattered clothes came running towards me. Behind them were a couple of old folks slowly approaching to greet me. As they came closer, I realized that the older folks appeared to be beyond normal human. It was too late for when they were just a few steps in front of me, I noticed that their flesh were in a minor state of decomposition. I found out that they are zombies, or restless souls who were to ambush me.

I was captured by what to be their leader. He is a very old balding man who uttered some angry words which I can't remember. Suddenly we lifted from the ground in order to fly. Trying so hard to resist, I just realized that we were gaining altitude.

Then all of a sudden, I shouted Jesus Christ's name three times. In each succession, it appears that my captors grows weaker everytime I say his name. In front of us, a huge pine tree starts to glow. On the third time I shouted Christ's name, it lit up like a Christmas Tree, the flashes of light dissolves everyone, including me.

When I woke up, I was lying on a mountain slope covered with snow. The first thing I did was to stand up and look at my surroundings which became extremely quiet. I looked up and what I saw is a sky overflowing with stars. In my heart I felt the cosmic bliss imploding inside me.

- end of dream.

No comments: