Sunday, July 23, 2006

PEx Grand Eye Ball (Second Part)

Several months ago, somebody from G4M invited me to his house party in Sta. Mesa after I greeted him Happy Birthday online. As it turns out, the attendees to his party would be seeing each other for the first time. I told the host that I would try to make it to his party despite my busy schedule. (with the Odders) Two weeks later, I found out that after his "successful" birthday bash, the parties he holds in his place had already sexual overtones.

A GEB I have attended before Bronxdude's almost turned the same way if it wasn't held in dance club. There were seven of us who saw each other. At the end of the night, while I was dancing alone on the stage, I saw them at the back pairing up and making out. I wondered, if it happened in a private place, perhaps things turned out very badly for all of us.

These, and a couple of more things about my own experiences is what I contributed to the sharing portion while having a feast at the Grill. Of course, my audience are the newbies - those who haven't been in a relationship yet. While the hyper Bronxdude, who was seated beside me entertained the attendees on the other side of the table, those who were on my side must content themselves with my serious discourse on gay101. Good thing, the one I am having conversations with relates to what I'm saying.

"So you're into dating first pala." I told Chino after he admitted to me that his approaches in m2m relationship is rather conservative and traditional to my taste. "Ako kasi before, I'd rather have a hot sex with a guy first, then establish a relationship as soon and when if its possible and then build everything from there." I told him. If you would ask me which would I prefer best when meeting people, I think friendly GEBs are the best. At least, there is no pressure about how your looks and actions are. (even if you're a screaming effeminate, chances are, you might be the center of attention because of the entertainment you provided) Even sex, which because of the internet has gotten a new dimensional meaning these days is still out of the question. If one wants to feel how human it is to be a PLU, I think they would feel such ecstasy in meeting up people in a gathering whose sole objective is to forge friendships and nothing more.

Of course, people who attend such activity had different reasons in mind.

---

In last night's GEB, there was a girl who joined us. It turns out to be the best friend of one of the attendees. In my long list of group meet ups that I attended, this is one of the rare times I encountered such situation. The last time I hanged out with PLU and girls in one table is during my first GEB. The lesbians in Pinoyexchange joined forces with the straight-acting gays and newly outed bisexuals to have a "Grand Eye Ball" of our own.

Lostwansoul, appears to be in touch with everyone. I remembered before, we used to talk using PMs or private messages after he supported one of my arguments. However, his affirmation also caught him in the line of fire that I am in. After my detractors focused their attention to him, I hit them back with another argument. The whole conflict only ended when one of those we contradict stopped posting replies.

It turns out, everyone knew one another - throught text messages, IM (instant messaging) or in private messages. It appears that I am one of those who were really out of the picture. If it's not for Bronxdude and Jandreks - who is an Outsider by the way, I would end up being the most distant among all of them.

The youngest among the attendees whose PEx handle goes by the name of Inthelongrun is still studying in college. When he told us that he is only 19 years old, I suddenly remembered my own timeline and what I was doing at that age. Indeed, things change very fast - when I was 19, I was still taming my own angst while exploring the thoughts of having a heterosexual relationship. Things were simple back then. In fact, I guess I wouldn't let myself be drawn in such a big world, like the kid is willing to do in order to know himself and his preference much better.

Compaq, the long haired guy left early. Techsupport and Jimbo seems to know each other way before they have actually met. The guy who brought along his girl friend turns out to be the PLU who sought advice in PEx several months ago. When I checked his thread buried in the subforum this afternoon, I've realized how brotherly my advice was to him. Fortunately we got to talk before he and his friend left to introduce ourselves formally. He shook my hand, smiled at me and told me how my response really helped him move on. To be honest, I almost forgot that I replied to his distress before. To my surprise and heartwarming astonishment, Lostwansoul told me that he is actually looking forward to meet me in person yesterday evening.

Perhaps in another meet up, I would be able to know him more.

---

Perhaps, the longest conversation I had among all of them was with Chino. He appears to be a serious guy who's sensibility and intellect would catch your attention. He admits that he hate guys who would date him and ask him for sex at the same time. In a relationship, he prefers to take things nice and slow. He values the building of foundations first before actually having the real thing. However, such preference left him without a partner ever since he became a PLU. In a world where everything is fast and instant. I wonder, if there are guys of his age who still believes in Chino's ideals.

Though much opposite to my style, his ideals is something I cherished because it reminds me of Papu and the way he gave me a primer on things regarding this lifestyle.

Later than night, Chuayjai, who now fashion himself as Jose1980 in Pinoyexchange followed. We met over a year ago in a fellow blogger's birthday party and bonded well that night. We met a couple of times after, but only in passing. Last night, he was the last to arrive at the meet up but his presence is very much anticipated by everyone. You see, this guy appears to be more popular in PEx than what I have expected.

One thing why Chuayjai is liked by everyone is because of his warm personality. Even when snub, he appears to be lighthearted and approachable to people who knows him. Besides, his life story, which he revealed later that night is something unique to most of us. If this group would be as bonded as what its organizers had envisioned it, Bronxdude and Jose1980 would be the life and entertainment of every gathering.

At past 10 PM, we billed out in order to bond more in a much secluded area of Greenbelt. Based on the dishes and drinks we ordered, I am sure all of us would have to pay P300 bucks for our contribution.

To my surprise, Lostwansoul paid for everything.

---

-tobecontinued-

No comments: