Thursday, July 19, 2007

Joms, the Nurturer


Summary of Nurturers

* Care for the important people in their lives
* Strive for harmony and avoid confrontation
* Think of themselves as gentle, conscientious, and mature
* May have trouble making decisions that could hurt others

More about Nurturers

Nurturers are quiet people who believe in order and diligently look after the people they care about. They focus on the needs of others and establish routines to help them meet their commitments.

Nurturers remember details that are important to them, such as their friends' birthdays and anniversaries. People with this personality type value others' feelings and may challenge behavior they think is insensitive.

In situations where they can't use their talents or are unappreciated, Nurturers may feel bitter and seek support by complaining to their colleagues. Under extreme stress, Nurturers may become preoccupied with the worst possible outcome and believe that they are heading for disaster.

Because they are so caring and loyal, Nurturers run the risk of being taken advantage of.
Nurturer Careers

Nurturers are often drawn to jobs that allow them to help others.

---

This is exactly me.

From the way I run my affairs at home; to looking after the welfare of my mom, my sister and my buddy; and to my association with the people around me, I am, validated by a study conducted by BBC, to be a nurturer.

At work, I belong to a team who gives "psychic reading" to users. But lately, I am beginning to ignore the "psychic" part and focus more on giving a sound advice about love and relationship problems we do usually encounter from the people who text us. As far as I know, my role is to give assurance and comfort, and even hope... no matter how twisted my suggestions are sometimes.

Now that I am able to reinforce my initial thoughts about my personality, maybe I should keep this in mind so that I may be able to develop this trait to further my goals. Who knows how far I would get, being a nurturer by nature.

---

Special thanks to Myk for leading me to this BBC test.

No comments: