Monday, December 10, 2007

Bibolicious Award


I've been nominated. And it humbles me that despite my near, absolute absence in the HB (Hanap Barkada) Thread, there are still members who think that I make sense, even if I do not see my posts relevant in Pinoy Exchange lately.

Salamat sa mga nagnominate. Who would have thought that I'd be one of the four finalists in the Bibolicious Award Category. Not me. I don't even post in the threads anymore.

So what about the other nominees? Honestly, I feel that they deserve the award more than I do. Some of them are more intellectual, philosophical or even geniuses in their own fields. Ako? I'm just an ordinary human being. (Pasensya na, I never use ordinary to describe myself... but when compared to them, yeah, I become a mere ordinary guy.)

Anyway, here are my impressions about the three other nominees. They are all my friends and much as I would like to campaign for them in the forums, I think my moves would create an impression of impartiality, which I don't want to happen. Therefore, I'd make my point here in the blog. Hopefully, this post would get intercepted by PExer readers and serves an aid in helping them choose the rightful candidate for that category.

---

Lostwansoul: If not for this guy, I won't be in the Hanap Barkada Thread. We've known each other for a year and a half na rin and I consider him the respected leader of our little group in PEx. I know him as a philosophical person who is into spirituality. He toured us around Binondo, where we paid a visit to a Buddhist Temple where he worships. When he is around, I feel cleansed. His overpowering presence removes any traces of darkness (naughtiness) in me.

He considers himself a lost soul. I see him as a free spirit. He is a jack-of-all-trades who grew up knowing the world before many of us began our first baby steps in life. Like the two other guys nominated in this category, his intellectual capacity is very much superior to mine. Combine it with his life experience and man, what you've got is a sage as old as me.

Pronghorn: He is in his very early twenties, but his mind and reasoning is at levels twice his age. He said he had Greek roots. Probably this is the reason why he loves the humanities and arts very much. The last time we met, he spoke with a British Accent like a pro. I suspect he had learned it in just one month. If Turismoboi considers me and Davenport as nosebleed writers, wait till he discover his journal hidden somewhere in my links. Not only it is informative, many consider it an epitome of what intellectual writing should be.

I've known him longer than Lostwansoul. But we rarely spoke to one another. Honestly, I feel intimidated when in his presence. Hindi ko nga alam paano naging sila ni Bronxdude eh, which, I guess is the exact opposite of Pronghorn when it comes to formality. Anyway, his significant other makes him more accessible to everyone. Bronxdude is like a rainbow bridge (or ladder) that allows us, to reach into his partner's thoughts. Like me, he rarely posts in the threads nowadays. Nevertheless, his buddy reminds us of his ever bright presence. His influence adds up to the growing credibility that the group is enjoying nowadays.

Aizen-Sama: Others consider him a geek. Me, I see him as a boy-next-door type. His quiet gentleness which he demonstrated during the Kim-Siong outing last June earned him the reputation of being a boy genius. Kasa-kasama rin niya si Pronghorn and they did a very interesting presentation about the origins of homosexuality during our summer outing's second day.

On a personal level, we share the same interest in music (Light Alternative/Alternative-Rock) which, I consider a rare trait among guys like me. Many others would learn from him, unfortunately, his inner reservations prevents him from shining. Lately, I do not see him posting in the threads anymore. Maybe he has moved on to the other forums where his wisdom and theorizing is much needed by others.

---

So there they are. Actually, I already have someone in mind but to make sure that I will have a well-balanced list of nominees, I'd send my ballot a day before the deadline. You see, what I'm worried about is that I might be voting for the same person in different categories, which I don't want to happen.

Whoever the winner is, is not just an acknowledgment of his talents but also an acknowledgment of the group's diversity. Ever since, I've always believed that in order for a group to have more depth, it should also embrace people who would provide them with wisdom and lessons to face life's great challenges. If you look at groupings - whether it maybe straights or homos, the first one to break apart are the ones that only engages in shallow activities (like all-night parties and sexual orgies).

Those who can transcend these earthly pleasures and interests are the ones who are able to last longer.

No comments: