Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Dream Journals Thirteen

What began as a revelation by Princess about P-Man must have transpired to a surge of REM attacks these past few days. Unlike the dreams I had weeks before, these dreams I had lately were more profound and vivid to be able to be recalled long after I woke up. The dreams revolved mostly, having conversations with P-Man and other crappy scenes that I could not remember. But from my two late-morning naps (today and yesterday), I was able to re-create scenes, which I not only find very cryptic but surreal as well. I consulted Gripen for interpretation. But he said he will still have to do some research in order to provide me with clearer and more concise answers.

While waiting for his interpretation, perhaps these detailed accounts would help him (and other dream interpreters out there) find a common denominator about the significance of these dreams. I know there is a connection, I just couldn't pinpoint what they are all about.

---

The dream sequence began when I found myself walking along rows of unoccupied condominium units just like the ones built along South Superhighway near Vito Cruz. However, these units in my dream were constructed near the banks of a river so its arrangement looked like those in the GSIS City Compound in Santa Mesa.

I only stopped walking when I reached the end of the buildings, where construction still takes place in the empty lots nearby. Then I heard two men talking behind me, but I cannot remember what the subject of their conversation was. What I did remember was I looked at a construction pit, where the soil underneath revealed plastic bags and other garbage, suggesting that the site was once a landfill.

---

A change of setting occurred and I found myself on the rooftop of a very tall building together with another gentleman. This guy was in his early thirties. He was wearing a cream-colored two-piece suit and first impression suggests that I am with a very rich guy. He was in front of me standing against a cemented wall, his shoes barely touching the protruding ledge. His eyes were fixed at the direction of buildings hidden behind a veil of fog. He was looking in the distance.

It was late afternoon and I remember looking at the cloudy purplish-blue sky wishing to see the sun cast its rays before it finally sets. It never appeared between parting clouds. Curious about what the gentleman was looking at, I also went up against the wall, my feet on the same narrow ledge where the gentlemen’s white shoes were firmly tucked. What I saw was an unlit city shrouded in bluish fog. Tall structures – perhaps a block of skyscrapers or nearby hills, whose silhouette I could see behind the veil of clouds appeared nearer than I thought to be.

Trying to start a conversation, I remembered asking him why does he love to stay in very high places. (I presumed he lives in that tall condominium). He was silent at first, probably contemplating on his answers. Then he spoke,

“I just love stunning views.” It was his brief reply to my question.

There and then, images of his achievements - from the houses he owned to the businesses he controlled flooded my thoughts. He had never spoken about what happened, but it appeared that he struggled on the way to the top of his career. Before the dream was cut, I saw myself inside a car. From the seat covers to the ceiling inside the vehicle, it appears that I was riding a luxury sedan. It was still late afternoon outside, but the clouds reveal that it would rain anytime.

The gentleman wasn’t with me anymore. However, remembering the looks of his face and the brief, enigmatic conversation we had, it seemed like the man I talked to was non other but the older me.

My dream was cut; another dream takes over.

---

End of Dream

No comments: