Monday, December 24, 2007

Missing Days (First Part)

Dear Diary,

How do I start writing when I'm struggling to find the words to express the thoughts I have in mind?

You see, ever since the fateful shift transfer, distraction have prevented me from looking inward and write the days that went by. Blame it to the loud music coming from the speaker in the room where my new workstation is located, or the heavy workload during the early half of my shift, or even my muses' unwillingness to cooperate during siesta time. The fact remains, I am not as passionate when writing as I used to be when my life revolved during the morning hours of the day.

You ask me, how's life been now that my hours begin when my former colleagues' time ends? The answer is fairly simple. I find it strange adjusting to a life I was once used to three years ago.

Since the Hanap Barkada Christmas Party two weeks ago, my tummy never got a week-long reprieve from taking in bottles of San Mig Light Beer. I missed blogging the event because of my preoccupation delivering gifts to people. Since it conflicted with my new shift, I often do my extra-curricular activities either early in the morning or late at night - after my shift ends at 10 pm. Now back to the Christmas Party, I say that it was a success. Those who were expected to come showed up and the food that was served is divinely fantastic. If the party would become a tradition like what the Outsiders have, I strongly suggest that we should never change the Solanie Hotel venue. I have no complaints about the place and I guess the other guys don't have too.

Though I didn't mingle with the other attendees that much, I had fun time singing at the videoke. Lostwan, Bronxdude, Bananaboi and Chino.Lim were a jolly company, while Roy stayed with Dodong, who we invited at the party. Bucky23, also known as Kaibigang Oso sang a couple of songs for me, while I performed Third Eye Blind's "Deep Inside of You," after I sucked singing Madonna's version of "Crazy for You." that TechSupport picked for me. In the end, the divas (from the other group) and the divos (composed of Roy, Dodong and Bucky) had a face-off before the bulk of the attendees went home.

As usual, I got home drunk but overwhelmingly happy. Back then, I was certain that my social life would be revolutionized by my new schedule. Too bad, Philander is in another country and his presence, which I miss lately keep me wondering when would he return home. Lines, who was the only girl in the party had fun - even if everyone thought in the HB Thread that she was a guy-PLU like us. The last time I heard, she was reaching out to the lesbians, who remain scattered in the subforum. I sincerely hope that it wouldn't be the last time we would see her gracing our event.

---

-tobecontinued-

No comments: