Sunday, December 16, 2007

Temporary Goodbyes

Now I understand why I had been given a strange chance to have a heart to heart talk with the team leader this morning. Office protocols demand that we as operators must rate them based on their leadership and management skills. We are asked to suggest improvements in order for them to become better team leaders.

After I filled out the survey, I told the team leader how much, after all these years of being colleagues, respected her as my superior. Certain subjects, which I could not bring up openly flowed like water across our table. It opened the doors for both of us to understand one another. It was a heartwarming talk and I left her office feeling much better and optimistic about our working relationship.

Also this morning, I've noticed that Princess was reading my blog from page to page. In these past few months, our bond had became very strong that it gave me enough confidence to be more open to him about my life. The alliance between us, which I declared last June worked and prospered. Our friendship had grown since then, and despite the intrigues that surrounded about us, the understanding we have for one another is one of the strongest in the office.

Finally, after he greeted me yesterday. I've got the opportunity to sit beside Pman also this morning. I know, it ain't a big deal, except that such moment happened only this once. To be honest about it, I felt awkward. I had no choice since the workstation beside him was the only one near my area, which had a Firefox Installed. I assumed that he would be too uncomfortable with my presence that he might just move to another chair. For some reasons he didn't. Maybe he tolerated my presence, or it was simply nothing to him. For around 6 hours, we had that quiet closeness that obviously I found comforting. We didn't talk nor exchanged glances, but the proximity I had with someone who had a deep impact with my emotions was enough for me to find my little serenity.

Now, after spending more than ten hours in the office, I finally figured out why such events have to happen today.

Starting tomorrow I would be reporting to the team leader from the afternoon shift. Since two of their psychic operators were on leave, I'd be filling up for them for the time being. Depending on my performance, I might be asked to stay with them permanently, which I don't really want to happen. Nevertheless, who would have thought that the events that unfolded this morning were actually a prelude for a temporary goodbye?

I don't know what lies ahead. I am not even sure how would I adjust with my new schedule. But one thing that I cannot deny is that I would surely miss all those I've left behind.

No matter what happens, my heart remains with them and it would be, so long as I'm part of our company.

No comments: