Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Dream Journals Fourteen

The dreaming continues...

---

There was a dissention in the military, just like what is happening in real time. Unfortunately I belong to the institution in this dream, playing the part of a soldier who had divided loyalties between the government and my unit. The events that unfolded are beginning to get hazy now, but as I can still remember, my superior was one of the leaders of the mutiny. It meant that forces loyal to the government also hunted me down since they perceived me as part of the group who was against the president.

The chase began and I remembered running and hiding from my captors.

For some reasons, there was a film showing taking place in one of the houses I entered to hide from the military. I saw from where I was hiding a sex orgy between several men flashed on the screen. I do not know its relevance from the overall plot. However, I do not remember seeing anyone watching the M2M video. It’s like it was being played there to get someone’s attention.

Another scene took over. This time I was in a hallway full of young children. I heard from a radio announcer in the background (speaker) that most of the coup plotters had been captured, but it triggered a mass resignation of soldiers from the lower ranks.

A military war ensued.

I was still running and ducking, hoping that the endless chase would ensure my freedom from my captors. In all those chasing scenes, I felt so alone – it’s like I’m the only one left running. Then I realized that I have nothing to hide, for I was never part of the dissenters in the first place. I’d rather surrender and clear my name than get killed for something that I’ve never done.

Then I reached the end of the hallway where there is a vacant lot full of parked cars. The sky was cloudy and the radio announcer commented previously that there was supposed to be a military stand-off in that vacant space.

However, not a single soldier was to be found.

I ran towards the center, shouting to those who could hear that I surrender.
Still, there was silence. I took off my fatigue leaving only my white undies on to reinforce my claims of surrendering. Nobody still heeded my call.

Just when I was about to return to a rock outcropping at the edge of the vacant lot, a guy wearing a light blue suit tucked on his navy blue pants appeared from one of the bushes. He urged me to wear my clothes immediately since something was about to happen.

There and then, before I could finally zip my pants, I heard gunshots around me. My first impulse was to duck and hope that stray bullets would never hit me. My arms were around my head and it partially covered my face. My eyes were wide shut in hopes that I could never see what was happening around me.

But like a curious onlooker, I decided to open my eyes to see what was happening. What I saw was a blue sky full of parachuting soldiers. Men wearing fatigues were everywhere and for some reasons, they never found me.

Suddenly there was a thud behind me. A warm, heavy body dropped on my back.

Then I remember someone asking me, “hulaan mo kung sino nasa likod mo.”

I never dared to look at the guys face, but when I spotted his nameplate, I immediately realized who the unconscious guy was.

The letters TL were on his nameplate.

I only know one guy who has that name.

---

End of Dream

No comments: