Sunday, December 2, 2007

Phankspace (First Part)

Tucked at the edge of a three-unit compound, his home rests behind a row of chicken-feed stores that keep his little kingdom away from the bustling and busy main street of Karuhatan. His place is a one-bedroom, one bathroom loft. When he described the unit to me during the time he found it for rent, Phanks said that it was the most beautiful place he had set foot in his weeks of scouting for a new apartment. He even begged that I lend him money for the down-payment before others could occupy the place.

Much to my initial resistance, I eventually gave in. With my financial backing, he was able to secure the place. He moved in together with his brother, his brother's girlfriend and the teenage daughter of her brother's girlfriend. However, things did not go well between the four of them. A conflict ensued and since my buddy is the one paying the rent, everyone else got booted out.

Two weeks after his brother had left for the province, he asked me to pay him a visit. After more than a year of not setting foot in Valenzuela, I got to finally hang-out in my boyfriend's new home.

---

The moment I entered the compound's main gate, the serenity of the place immediately took over. Unlike the disorienting street a few steps behind me, the narrow passage leading to the courtyard had muffled the sounds outside effectively, that one can barely hear the honking of passenger jeeps or the engine of a passing motorcycle. The calmness of the compound was so strange, it almost felt like nobody lives there except my buddy.

He opened the door and welcomed me to his loft. The main room alone, which includes the kitchen and the dining area was so spacious and the racks were well-arranged, I blurted to my buddy, "ang ganda naman ng bagong bahay mo." He returned a smile to my complement.

You see, his last apartment was far different from this new one. Aside from being located in a multi-story tenement, the walls of his old home was devoid of any paint or concrete, it exposed the hollow blocks, which made the entire place craggy and dirty. His new home doesn't just have walls that are smoothened and painted, it has its own laundry area where one can dry clothes without the risk of them being stolen.

Phanks lead me to his bedroom, where the late-afternoon sun's rays passes through the jalousie windows. He hugged me tight and I kissed him in return. Then, he asked me to lie down on his bed to take a rest from my long journey. However, I felt very restless. The thought that I can do whatever I want with him, without the risk of making loud noises made me extremely kinky I immediately grabbed him by his waist, took off his sleeveless shirt and forced him to lie down on top of me.

That afternoon, it was he who got impaled by a relatively long pole which he kept on complaining,

"ang laki-laki naman."

---

-tobecontinued-

No comments: