Saturday, September 20, 2008

No Rest For Mister Mugen

I just declared a National Holiday this afternoon. Unfortunately, my original plans did not push through. Instead of playing Sims 2, I was glued in front of the television watching Ice Age on HBO. When the movie had ended, I returned in front of the computer and logged on to Meebo to chat with friends.

Just when the sky was about to turn pitch black, I received a text message from an old friend from Odders. It was from Kirsh and he was inviting me to his birthday.

"Punta kayo pabirthday ko. Elbow Room Metrowalk 8 pm. Invyt evry1 Okies?"

So there. My planned Jomanian Holiday is cut short. I will definitely attend his birthday celebration not because I wanted to go out and I cannot stand being stuck at home. Had the invitation been relayed a few days ago, I would have planned my-week long night-out activities and not do an emergency re-calibration like I will be doing tonight. I will be there because it is a tradition that I never miss. Depending on how successful Kirsh's reunion birthday would be, spells the outcome of our yearly Christmas party as a group. I see it as a barometer of how strong our barkada remains.

I'm just waiting for my mom to arrive. Armed with an excuse of being "called" again at work, I will take a bath, dress up, spend an hour working out in the gym (and hope that my white lies would not cost me a toe bone) and attend his birthday bash at Metrowalk later this evening. I will not drink much (hopefully) and do a Cinderella escape like I did last time when I have already spent my gimik pass for the week.

Let's see how the party goes.

---

It is something worth remembering once again...

You agreed to meet me one afternoon, and I came at the place we have agreed upon. You don't have any mobile phone yet so we have to exert more effort to synchronize our eyeball. You said you were wearing a brown polo. I forgot what I wore that day.

And it was, the dawn of our homosexuality. I had just accepted myself months before and as my instincts told me, I should spread the enlightenment Papu had told me. You were cool about it so there we were, marking down history that would become what is today.

The sun was setting over the Sunken Garden. I was waiting for you. I wasn't even aware that you were already there walking around me. I just knew for the fact that you are a chinese-looking student. The smell of freshly cut grass emanates in the air, suddenly a guy decided to lie down on the grass and the sun shone brightly on his face.

I didn't remember how did I approach the guy but it was you all along.

That meeting we had is a past worth cherishing tonight

- Kapatid, September 18, 2005

No comments: