Saturday, April 18, 2009

Bonus Round

"Joms we're getting older basta decente lang hitsura, its more important to have a guy who will love you and who will treat you fairly. I think its too much to ask the Lord for much more."

- a text message yesterday morning, Dr. Magsasaka

---


No one among the encantos heeded my call last night. A sign.

When I went to Malate and entered the sweaty, smoky dance floor of Chelu, a lot of stares greeted me. Instead of staring back and breaking my five-minute game, I played safe and held my ground. An omen.

A few minutes before 1 in the morning, I saw my favorite couple in Malate. Seeing them after so many months left a smile on my face. I was overjoyed. Barely a few seconds after exchanging pleasantries, my mobile phone vibrated. It was the prospect confirming my presence. A predicament.

Flying to Timog, we decided to have a drink at Quatro.

So many stories were exchanged last night. We both had fun and it never ended in bed.

He got home safe, I got home safe. We parted ways ten minutes before sunrise and he even called just to make sure I was alright.

Woke up this afternoon with a hang-over.

The best one I had lately.

If we end up as friends, I would gain a consultant for my half brother.




If this goes well and our friendship turns into something more romantic, I will end up having a doctor for a partner.

No comments: