Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Buff Daddy Interludes Four: Act Of Liberation (Repost)

February 13, 2006

My body feels like exploding.

Two hours of heavy work-out took its toll on my unprepared muscles. As it turned out, the trainer who used to be the favorite of everyone during the last time I was in the gym has left. In his place was a new instructor, young and quite aloof to new members like me.

I thought that since it was my first day, I would just do some little workout. But instead, the trainer dropped the bomb by asking me to do a 30 minute cardio exercise on the Elliptical Machine. After I was done with my cardio, we proceeded to the free-weights area. God knows lifting the 10 pound barbell would be too much, but the trainer insisted, so there I was killing myself doing 8 rep, 2 set bench presses.

I would have called it quits on the first day. The back-breaking activity was too much. But since discipline and endurance was required for me to succeed, I just told myself to hold the line and follow what the trainer instructed.

All for the love of flying.

---

The last time I went to the gym, I left with some degree of control over my body. Never in two years after I have dumped dark rooms for a stable relationship was I able to do some complex body twisting on the dance floor again.

During a brief time, my confidence surged from near zero, to those levels I had before breaking up with my first lover.

Too bad, my work-out lost momentum after I felt changes. My bestfriend Roy, was another factor. We were both into bodybuilding then, but when he ceased lifting weights because of health reasons, I started becoming lazy and decided to stop as well.

---

It's already past two hours after arriving home. The body pain and the muscle soreness will cripple me when I wake up tomorrow morning. Still, I'm not sure whether my decision to go full swing to do a fitness activity would produce results or not... I'm not even sure if I would succeed this time or it may become a flop once again.

But one thing is sure. I would prove to that loser who once flayed insults over a drinking session in Angeles City that my bulging tummy was hopeless and I'm grounded to become obese for life, that change is possible. In eight months I would make sure that I would have some major improvements on my body.

Until then. I would stay quiet. I'm even thinking whether it would be good idea to put some distance away from my friends so that my developments... would just be for my eyes alone.

And no matter how many times it would take before I become a master of my own body. I would never stop or surrender.

For I am beginning to get tired hiding behind my own shadow.

And I am getting weary thinking about if I would last a decade with the abuses I'm throwing at my deteriorating body.

Lastly, I feel ashamed staring at some other toned and ripped torsos when I can develop mine.

I guess, it's time to claim my own place.

After all, whatever happens, It's my body and my health that counts.

---


Image taken last April 10, 2007, a few weeks before resuming my fitness activity at a new gym in Shaw Boulevard. In my three-year stint as a bodybuilder, my workout efforts suffered when I stopped for four months after reaching the plateau at my first gym. I felt the need for change and while waiting for Eclipse to open, I became complacent with my appetite control.

This was the result. 10 pound short and I would be back at square one.

On the 19th, I will show the results two years after.



No comments: