Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Bishop Pajero





After all things are said and done, the hard part is asking oneself, where do we anchor our faith now?


HER EXCELLENCY GLORIA MACAPAGAL-ARROYO
President, Republic of the Philippines
Malacañang Palace
Manila


Dear Madam President,


I will be celebrating my 66th birthday on March 8, 2009.

I know this will be a precious day and timely occasion to thank the Lord for giving me another year.

After a prayerful discernment and due considerations to the existing crisis phenomenon today.

I have decided not to hold a birthday party.

Instead, I prefer to make use of my birthday as a day with and for myself, and with God.  Having been declared, awarded and honored from your good office as ‘Peace Champion of Caraga’.  I am grateful to God that He has made me an instrument of His peace, especially here in Mindanao.

I know I can do more to promote and work for peace.

It is in this view that I am asking a favor from your Excellency.

At present, I really need a brand-new car, possibly a 4 x 4, which I can use to reach the far-flung areas of Caraga.

I hope you will never fail to give a brand new car which would serve as your birthday gift to me.

For your information, I have with me a 7-year-old car which is not anymore in good running condition.

Therefore, this needs to be replaced very soon.

I am anticipating your favorable response on this regard.

Thank you very much.

Be assured of my constant support and sincerest prayers to your Excellency.

God bless you.


Sincerely,

Most Rev. Juan De Dios Pueblos, D.D.
Bishop of Butuan
P.O. Box 54, 8600 Butuan City



Had it been a flatbed truck - to deliver relief goods and equipment in the flood-prone areas of Butuan.


Or a school, to educate the children of the far-flung villages of Caraga.


Or at least a dozen clinics that will be run by the church, to heal not only the spirit but also the body,


Then it wouldn't be as shameful as this. But for one's personal gains?


Indeed, Mr. Pueblos, you made us realize that even  men in robes are corruptible.




22 comments:

Mr. Hush Hush said...

Is this the actual content of the letter, Mugen? I haven't read it in the news, but if this is the case, WOW! kind of elaborate to say 4x4 and brand new. tsk tsk..

i don't understand why he needed to correlate his birthday with his favor for the vehicle.. i mean, you could simply ask the president that there is urgent need for a brand new vehicle because the existing one is dilapidated. Simple. Why did he have to mention it was his birthday?? Geeeshh.

JJ Roa Rodriguez said...

I'm speechless...

JC said...

was watching Bandila earlier and the same line highlighted on your text were read out loud at the hearing.

heard much of stories of this kind from a friend working at the agency. and truly, listening to said stories makes one feel less evil, a lot less evil. but who am i to define what is evil and what is not, when they are the ones wearing the robes?

^travis said...

Aside from bishop Pajero, there are two more: Nissan saPari and MitsuBishop Montero. This is as far as I would comment.

I am taking heed of what my grandfather once told me - to never cross or judge a man of the cloth. I'm pretty sure most will not agree with me on this. In my silence, however, I take comfort in Luke 12:48, "To whom much is given much will be expected."

the island guy said...

Oh wow. You're right about him being corrupted. Shame on that guy.

gillboard said...

tsk tsk.

this is just bad.

charles. said...

emphasis to brand-new.

Desperate Houseboy said...

it has to be brand new, 4 by 4.bishop has a point. if you are praying, it should be specific. oh wait, is it a prayer?

zeke said...

I was reading Noli Me Tangere a few days ago. This is somehow similar to the scene where Padre Damaso received a plate containing the lesser part of the chicken, and while eating, dropped his spoon noisily. Priests always do themselves over, don't they?

Surely my idol EXPGMA found this as a funny letter, and dumped it in the trash bin after reading 5 lines.

Ms. Chuniverse said...

Damaso indeed.

Lone wolf Milch said...

im not surprised may isa pang issue i remember that involves a brother from lasalle under eraps adminstration. he bought a new car instead of building new classrooms

Viewfinder said...

Clergy after all are human beings susceptible to the Satan’s temptations. But yes, I don’t excuse him from what he did. But in relation to your question on where to anchor our faith there is only one answer and there has always been that answer, God. We do not put faith in people who administer in His name, nor on images, temples, but only in His Word…

I thank you ;)

Pero shame on that bishop talaga, me “Dios” pa naman sa kanyang name, Que Horror. I’m sure Padre Damaso is turning in his grave somewhere dahil may tumalo sa kanya, alam mo naman si Damaso di pwedeng malamangan lolz

Yj said...

sabi nga ni Ted Failon:

Nissan Sa Pari

at

Mitsu-bishop Montero daw...

nakakaloka!

Nate said...

this is sad.. :( shame on him..

Leo said...

a sad state of affairs for CBCP. :(

Ronnie said...

LOL @ Yj's comment

Nakaka-disappoint lang si Pueblos.

ZaiZai said...

super disappointing!

AJ said...

Let us be reminded that not all priests are corrupt and they're also humans who are bound to commit errors/sin, but I can't deny after reading the letter on this post my disappointments as to how some the representatives of the largest religion in the country ruin the name of the Mother Church and the God they supposedly represent in their most clean state. The result: people denying their faith or people wanting themselves to be unlabeled as Catholics. The challenge among the faithful is to keep their faith and pray. After all, religion is not the basis of faith and salvation.

bien said...

This is really sad.

dario the jagged little egg said...

Hes so unbelieveble : (

Pyro said...

That's one kick-ass and confident letter. May God bless him and others who are like him.

Anonymous said...

It is difficult to judge others... we have to know the actual situation...the senate hearing today should show that those who said negative things to the Pajero Bishops are all wrong...one question ... what have we done for our remote brothers and sisters especially those served by the Pajero Bishops