Friday, October 13, 2006

Iconic




Art Farm an animation company in the country is doing something better. They doin an animated feature of Combatron which will air on channel 7. hopefully will finish in 8 months!Thanks for your support. Im starting my comics na but at my own pace.


- Berlin Manalaysay, Reply to Dear Combatron


---

And I thought I am one of the few ones left who still keep Combatron's memory in their hearts. Everyday, the referrer tracker would show that many internet users who stumble upon my blog actually looks for information about Berlin Manalaysay and his graphic artwork. It seems like an entire generation actually followed the comic strip during its time.

A collegue told me sometime ago that he still keeps his entire collection of Funny Komiks with him. He said he have stacks and stacks of it organized in a big carton box. I would like to believe his story, if I could see a single issue with my own eyes. Nevertheless I really doubt how many people have actually collected the strip after all this time.

In utmost recognition and heartfelt appreciation for Manalaysay's public appearance on my blog, which I honestly suspect to be purely accidental, I would like to dedicate this entry and the issue included on top to the long enduring memory of Combatron in my psyche. There are others like me who still remembers. I hope that with Combatron's revival in the local anime age, new generation of kids would once again be entertained and inspired by Manalaysay's iconic work.

Indeed, traditions are really hard to break.

No comments: