Monday, October 2, 2006

Pajama Partee

The maid must be wondering why there's another guy who slept at home last night.

Because ever since she became part of the household, the only guy who she knows to sleep in my room is Phanks. However, since a big part of the Metro is still without electricty yesterday, I had to offer my place as an evacuation site for those without power nor water.

He knows that we have both utilities. And yesterday afternoon, he asked me if he could come over for a sleep over since power hasn't been restored yet in his place.

---

When we met last Saturday, I encouraged him to befriend a rich guy so that the next time we experience such metro-wide blackout, he could live comfortably in somebody else's abode.

He has the body, the charisma and the looks. Such advantage would get him into the poshiest homes I could only imagine. But he said he feels lazy going to somebody else's place. I interpreted it as he's not comfortable sleeping beside people he doesn't know very well.

---

The sleep over went well. He spent his time checking out the G4M website and his army of boylets, while I lulled myself to sleep watching some serious shows on TV. Like Phanks, he turns the light off when he sleeps. He doesn't sleep with pillows, so my three pillows are at my disposal.

He left early this morning without having a breakfast. He said, his work is so far that if he leaves much later, he might get late. As a gesture of good hostmanship, I accompanied him to the FX terminal several blocks from my place. I told him that instead of waiting for a transpo in the main street, those parked in the terminal take shortcuts going to Edsa.

---

Among all places he could stay for the night, a part of me keeps wondering why he chooses mine instead of others. He could have arranged for a stay over with someone who lives in Makati or Ortigas; who has an AC in his room, a working shower in his bathroom or a good view of the city outside his windows.

I could make all the speculation if I want. But I guess, if there is an unspoken reason for his decision, maybe it's because of the very old ties that bind us together. The guy who slept over was Roy and for the last four years, he would occassionally do so, without having any second thoughts.

In a time when friendships are tested around me. It's nice to know that he trust me more than all the guys he's acquainted or got intimate with. The sleep over might just be a special case, but such demonstration only shows that our friendship doesn't just revolve around homos and boylets. We may spend all our time talking about perverted stuff, but when it comes to real distress calls like what happened yesterday,

one will always be around to respond to the call of the other

No comments: