Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Let's Take The Slow Drive, Baby

Ray Charles, Julie London, John Lennon, Louis Armstrong - these are just some of the music artists that caught my attention lately. As months pass by (after replacing clubbing with a simple chillout session at home during my day-off nights), it seems that my affinity towards oldies and jazz music keeps getting stronger. Lately, my play list contains more songs from those genres compared to some years ago, when traditional alternative and electronica music dominated my playlist. Ewan ko ba, whenever I hear such slow smooth melodies, accompanied by instruments such as piano, guitar, some drums and sublime sad vocals, it's so easy to close my eyes and imagine an older time when things were simpler and slower compared to our present fast-paced time.

However, I am getting very sleepy na after playing oldies songs such as Que Sera Sera, Bridge Over Troubled Water, Ave Maria and Unchained Melody in a dark, quiet room at 2 in the morning. It makes someone's mind so lethargic* that focused thoughts would actually break apart and float around, like clusters of pluffy clouds high above a blue sky. Perhaps when I wake up tomorrow and get the time to blog, I would continue this entry, and yes, talk some more about my newfound music interests.

No comments: