Friday, December 8, 2006

Anti-Monologue

Question: How do you cope up when concerns arise and you don't have anyone to talk to?

Answer: Have a conversation with your "imagined personas" and make an entry out of it. Hopefully, such silly conversations would make you feel better while taking a break at work.

---

Mugen: I found out that Phanks added two unfamiliar PLUs in his friendster. These guys gives me an impression that they are slutty and extremely aggressive in hook ups. It concerns me because there is a strong chance that they already engage in chat. Perhaps they exchanged text messages already. Probably they have met behind my back, I'm not sure. What should I do?

Pulsar: Ignore. Don't give an impression that you haven't moved on from the initial years of your buddy-ship. Whatever their business is not your concern. After all, he still declares his relationship with you. Besides you have your own business you often keep under your sleeve right?

Darkstar: Ignore and pretend that you don't know anything. You could speculate all you want and it would not be good in the end. Just be very wary about it. Is it the reason why its harder for us to ask favors from him? What do you think? Do you remember the time he left his phone in your room then you read this message from an anonymous texter? Still, don't be too worried about it, I could always remind you of these incidents whenever you weigh "some" things before acting on them.

Mugen: But I sense that they pose a threat.

Darkstar: You can always find ways to counter these threats in your mind. I agree with Pulsar, don't get affected. You don't have to feel vulnerable because of them. Remember the three long years you've spent with him, I am sure he would consider it before doing a big mistake.

---

Mugen: Somebody's been texting me these past few days. It's just a number and I don't know who the person is. I called this texter this morning. The person who picked up the phone was a guy with a very masculine voice. I asked for his name but he just got annoyed with my question. He said "kalimutan mo na nga." I'm sure he felt embarassed, but what could I do? I don't reply to anonymous text messages. I just want to know who that guy might be.

Pulsar: You felt embarassed with the situation, that's why you feel this way. What made things worse is that he sent you this SMS message.
"dnt u wori dat wud be my last txt. Tc nalang. Bye."
Diba jahe? Besides, naawa ka rin dun sa guy because you don't want to feel the same way.

Darkstar: You know that it came from your last eyeball.

Pulsar: But the phone number is different. It's still a mystery who that guy might be.

Darkstar: You don't keep numbers often, yes? Besides, you only save numbers of the guys you find very friendly and harmless. I'm sure it's from the last eyeball. Nagkamali ka lang ng sinave sa G4M siguro.

Darkstar: And besides, its good that you unapologetically replied "bye" after his last message. Nagmamaganda siya in fairness, so bakit ka magsasayang ng oras sa kanya? Remember that we could only see PLUs in two ways; they are either friends, or toys. Nothing more, nothing less. You didn't save his number because probably, he sees you as a toy. Tama ba?

Pulsar: That's why you have to erase his number completely. Move on and focus on things that are pressing at the moment.

---

Mugen: And that is?

Pulsar: Your friends tol. You can't deny that you're worried about the changing landscape in your inner circle. Nandun ang mga break-ups ng mga relasyon na kasing tagal na ng sa iyo. You're concerned about it.

Mugen. Yeah but that's their life. All I could do is support their decisions and encourage them in whatever direction they want to take.

Darkstar: Good move then. Sabi mo nga, it's part of life. Some things go on, some things end. Unfortunately, theirs have to end. Pasalamat ka na lang na yours is still enduring. But who knows. Kaya nga kasama mo ako so you would know what to do if time comes and it will be your turn.

Mugen: But why am I feeling this way?

Pulsar: Because you are always afraid of changes. You know that things would be different in the coming months. What matters is that you did not take sides and that you just showed your concerns to those who are involved.

Mugen: So I guess tama lang ang ginagawa ko... to encourage them to seek new "ways" while listening to their heartaches?

Pulsar: Yep.

Darkstar: Yep.

Mugen: O sige, hanggang dito na lang muna. I feel much better now. Hanggang sa muli.

Darkstar: Anytime dude.

Pulsar: Cheer up Mugen.

---

No comments: