Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Landmark

Hi Joms, the long wait is over I am starting a new life with someone hehehehe, if there is one person who should know this new development in my so-called love life that person is you. It all started while surfing one afternoon I stumble upon your blog, after reading almost all the entry from your wonderful blog I instantly felt that you’re that one person whom I can trust and share my corny life hehehe.

It is weird because I laugh in disbelief whenever I see couples of the same sex together; I remember joining my two officemate going to Robinsons. People in the office suspect that there is something between them that they are more than friends and I think its true while inside the taxi their having an argument the drama you only see from lovers hehehe. I never believe such relationship will last, but look here I am now hoping this relationship will last forever hehehehe, I’m so corny I can’t believe I will be writing something like this, I do believe two men can be best friend but not in a relationship.

My problem is we became together over the phone and we have not seen each other, we plan to see a movie next week. I do not know what I am going into all I know is that he is nice and tired of playing around and wants serious relationship.

It was an unholy hour of December 10 when I said yes to the first and I hope last guy in my life. It was our second chat over the phone. Honestly there’s nothing special or magical about the conversation, its not like we have so many things in common and its not even at par with what we have as online friends. However, there’s something about him that made me say the three-letter word that I never thought I would say to a guy. I think sex is better than saying yes to a commitment.

I know I am not ready but what can I do, here’s a sincere guy on the other end of the line and wants me to be his partner for life. I still squirm whenever he calls me love or baby hehehe yuck diba so baduy kinikilabutan ako.

Joms hindi ko alam kung ano tong pinapasok ko please help me.


---

Yes, the long wait is over. After sharing to you my thoughts and advices about your own self-exploration, you are beginning to take the first big steps towards the real thing - to personally meet and interact with a non-straight guy like you.

And like all first times, we get to learn from the experience. Like you, I had my tense moments too. To be honest with you, my first PLU relationship had the indirect blessings of a friend. His name is Rocky[X] and back then, his experience was a little advanced from what I have achieved so far. I remembered introducing him to my potential partner one morning after spending a overnight in Laguna with the #Salsalan boys. I thought then that our relationship, would endure time. However, I was wrong. It fell apart less than three months after we envisioned its concepcion. But then, I didn't left empty handed. I learned the value of friendships in such tragic events.

You told me in your private message that you haven't met the guy yet. But still, you entered into a relationship believing that he is your ideal, am I right? I don't see anything wrong with how you started. After all, who am I to judge your relationship. But from experience - and my own discrimination towards the guys I met, I tend to fail in such a set up - where I fall for people I haven't met yet. I remembered becoming infatuated with a girl once - our feelings for one another were nurtured through indirect means. Our MU status was reinforced by nightly sweet conversations which lasted for hours on the phone and daily sweet messages left on beeper device reminded us of one another during the day. It was fun and intimate so long as we haven't met yet. But when the time comes we had to meet, it ended in a complete disaster. I chickened out in front of her while my "uber-cool" friends I brought along took the spotlight from me. The night after we met, cold empty pauses dominated our conversation until it completely ceased one night.

But I never learned from the mistake. Several months after my arrival to the non-straight scene, it happened again. I got so close with a chatter that I thought he had the potential to become my first lover. We met one rainy evening at Robinson's Place, I showed him the places I hanged out in Malate, even if there were no people around and ended up partying at Libis the whole night while a storm was raging outside the club. We got stuck up in the rain and could have used such to our advantage. But nothing happened, not even a pulse of intimacy towards the another was felt that night. After our first meeting, we stopped talking to each other. I just felt that he's too soft for me, he on the other hand felt that I was too distant to be approached. So we drifted away from each other.

And like life that keeps on taking different forms and shapes, I am still in the process of learning. Despite telling myself over and over again never to get close with a complete stranger, still I never learn. Mistakes still happen even as recent as some years ago.

---

We get lessons from life. I may have some lapses in the past but it doesn't mean you're fated to commit the same blunders in your own life. If there is a piece of advice I could give you dude, that is never to deny him the opportunity to know and meet such a good and nice guy like you. Same thing is true with him. You would never know your first lover if you won't give him a chance to reveal himself to you. For now, you may be physically strangers to one another, but who knows, you might find yourselves extremely compatible with one another once you've met.

If things fail, you could always charge it to experience. There may be hurt along the way, but relationships are not relationships when it doesn't include pain and all those negative and stinky feelings that come with the commitment.

I sincerely hope that you might discover your ideal guy in him. Finally, after so many years, you're getting close to the first pitstop in your journey towards PLU-hood.

Learn from the experience.

No comments: