Saturday, December 30, 2006

Shields Down

I waited for him the whole night
only to fall asleep just as he was about
to arrive home.
Thirty minutes later, I suddenly woke up
abruptly to the sound of my mobile phone.
It was his third text message telling me
he went to his home
after waiting for me to open the door.
He said, he knocked many times,
pressed the doorbell and called my name.
Unfortunately, nobody opened the door for him.
He said he waited patiently for someone to answer,
I think he just stayed downstairs for a brief period since
my sister and my mother were still awake when he arrived.

But you know what,
after trying to catch him on the street
after I woke up;
after calling his number only to recieve a voice reply
that his phone is unattended;
and after crying while talking to him and explaining what
happened. I just realized how dependent I have become
of him.

Indeed, when I woke up this morning
after catching an hour's sleep,
my first thoughts were of longing.
I could have opened my eyes to see him sleeping beside me
if I wasn't too careless to fall asleep
as I waited for him.
I could have had a better and deeper slumber
while hugging him instead of the stiff pillow
I used to hug when he's not around.

Narealize ko tuloy...

It would have been better to be late at work
knowing I have overslept in his arms.

rather

than arriving earlier than usual
knowing, I never slept at all
crying over and over
for missing an opportunity
to be with him last night.

No comments: