Friday, December 15, 2006

The Moon, The Stars and The Sky

They say that the moon was created
to inspire the heavens, so that man could
always look at it and be reminded to
reach for the stars... someday

At twenty, you see the
quarter life as a very faraway destination.
It's like gazing at the sun on a chilly sunset,
the traquility of time warms your soul.

But when you actually turn twenty five,
you begin to see things differently.
Instead of just standing and watching the sun set,
you start chasing it everyday before it is swallowed

by the darkness.

But I decided to reach for the moon instead.
So that at least, I won't get burned chasing the sun.
It takes a moment to dream of the heavens,
but it takes a lifetime to build a rocketship

That might actually take you there.

So I decided to build mine last year
and begin my journey without any
final destination. My hope is that
somehow, I could manage to reach at least the moon.

So that when I get there,
I could always look back
and gaze at this beautiful planet
and brag to myself, in the coldness of space

What a lovely life I've got.
Thank you God for everything.

In the silence of Phankspace.


Happy Birthday... Joms.

No comments: