Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Behold, The Nightmare

Friend: Na offend ako dun. I told the person to txt decently or just delete my number altogether. Kanya na lang ang titi nyang malaki.

Me: Yep. Sa mga times na to, mas maappreciate m ang (sex) partner na gentle at may concern sau. Alam m kung bkit malaki ang chances ko makakuha ng buddy sa ONS* (nung single ako)? Kasi, d lang sex ang focus ko kundi yung emotional well being nung tao rin.

---

Another night, another brokenhearted friend. Actually I feel for him. After banking on a seemingly perfect guy for weeks - even closing his doors to hook-ups and side dates, the guy would still accuse and remind him of his slutty past. I told my friend that it's normal for PLU people to accuse one another of being promiscuous or flirty. Phanks and I endured such phase when we were just starting.

As my friend tries to heal himself from the pain inflicted by the guy he's willing to trust his heart to, another SMS message came through. It was from a stranger who needs some hook-up partner tonight. I erased my friend's exact forwarded message from the guy. It was in all caps, and it was too obscene that I won't get turned on by his invitation either.

You see, there are guys who hooks up with another guy just to get off their lust. But there are guys who hooks up because they need company - a companion who would spend time with them - even if that brief time means having a romp session in bed.

But not all romp session ends in a quickie. When one is sensitive enough to understand the needs for companionship and assurance of the other person, a bond may form out of the bed play. Sometimes, this bond is reinforced by intimate conversations in between rounds. In silence, arms wrapped around the other person's naked torso gives that person of feeling of warmth and security - a product of a temporary bond that may bloom into a possible steady relationship one day.

That is why, I'm good in ONS before. I used it well to my advantage. And in times when a close broken-hearted friend talks to me. In my thoughts I picture myself in another guy's shoes. Say, a depressed guy who is alone in a computer shop at 10 pm in the evening - looking for a place to hang out in sex chatrooms or in cruise websites. I imagine that person, distraught and desperate, looking for comfort from someone who could make him feel better.

The guy would write an advertisement in the main room. Soon, chatters who find his advertisement interesting would send him private messages. The conversation begins - ASL? wassup? anong trip natin? etc. Perhaps he would even show his best angled pic just to further get the attention of the guy he is talking to. Unfortunately, most of the chatters our guy would find appealing will talk dirty to him, or ask him outrightly if he needs some quick non-complicated fuck at the chatter's place.

But he is not looking for that - not when he is nursing deep wounds from a disappointing guy who could never see beyond the shallowness of his G4M existence.

You know what, at that moment, if someone sends the guy a heartwarming reply like "Dude baka hindi ka pa kumakain ng dinner, want to eat at my place?" or "I like alternative music too, gusto mo chill out tayo sa room ko?" Without thinking twice, I'd get his number and take the fastest cab going to the chatter's place.

Because even though I know that it would still end up in sex at the end, what makes it promising is that in-between the lines of the person's invitation, he seeks more than just a hook up, from me.

I see a person looking for companionship too,

and perhaps he is even a longing for

a tight hug which is actually I'm dying to have one

tonight.

---

To linger on
Beyond the beyond
Where the willows weep
And the whirlpools sleep
You'll find me
The coarse tide reflects sky

- Smashing Pumpkins, Behold! The Nightmare

No comments: