Saturday, May 26, 2007

Ode To The Magic Pill

after mela, my new fuckbuddy...

Without this pearly-white conconction
that contains Dicalcium Phosphate, Cellulose,
Vegetable Magnesium, Stereate, Vegetable
Stearic Acid, Silica and Croscarmellose,
I would have drowned myself in a river
of thoughts, only to emerge half-human
many hours later after ceaselessly rolling
over and over the mattress
until the break of the morning.

In a time when even the nights are stolen from
me by the rigors of the day,
such everlasting slumber can only be
possible with a swallow
of this tiny magic pill that triggers
a speedy opening of a gateway to
dreamspace.

---

for someone who gets an average of five hours of sleep, such artificially-induced slumber is a reprieve. My mom once asked me if I still know where work ends and real, thought-free relaxation begins.

I told her, I honestly don't know.

No comments: