Sunday, March 1, 2009

Monthsary | Shuriken Pact

Hangga't hindi ko nahihigitan ang ganitong pagpapaubaya ng sarili, alam kong hindi pa ako handa.

Pormal kong isinasara muli ang pintuan ng aking puso.


---

It was past eleven in the evening.

I was in Greenbelt meeting the best friend of an online friend who came to visit the city. It was a pleasant meeting set on a chilly night. We had no plans really, except to talk about our common friend who should have been there with him had it not for his busy work in the fields.

What my eyeball didn't know was that I had urgent reasons to show up. It wasn't just about seeing him. We could set another time together with his best friend for a better planned eye-ball. In truth, our meet-up was a vigil. It was like hitting two birds with one stone. His, was for pleasant introductions, the other was in case I would be needed to the rescue.

The person to be secured is with his colleagues binging on hard liquor somewhere in Manila.

I remember leaving a twitter note before the end of my shift telling that I should stay out in case my presence is needed. Intuition runs parallel to a new-found attachment and emotions have to be considered in every decision I make. My situation was comparable to an admiral commanding his entire armada to patrol a narrow strait. Should a distress call be sent, redundancy ensures a swift response.

A few minutes before midnight, I received a text message.

"SOS na pare..."

He gave me the address and the landmark of the place where he was staying. Since it was near my school, it was easy to plot the course that would take me there. It doesn't matter how much I would have to give up just to be there.

The essence is to never let him wait.

"20 minutes dude, pahinga ka lang."

The cab driver must have thought I'm insane when my instructions were to step on the gas and never on the breaks. If the cab had wings, we would have vanquished the skies that midnight. Traffic was hell along Nagtahan because of the lifting of the truck ban. We could squeeze our way between mammoth-sized 18-wheelers but I had a better idea.

I found him slumped in one of the chairs when I showed up at the door 10 minutes earlier than my expected time of arrival. It was the empty side streets of Santa Ana, whose narrow passageways which revealed the quickest path to the river crossing. He introduced me as his housemate who was tasked to bring him home. Overjoyed by his colleagues' recognition, I even took his last three shots of Brandy to spare him from further misery of the alcohol constantly swirling inside his head.

---

Ibang klase talaga ang Diwata - Dukesa love affair. Hehehe. Magkasama sila ngayon sa Masbate. Sinundan ni Dukesa ang Diwata sa Masbate kung saan naka-assign ngayon and Diwata sa work.

It really must be true love! Lalakbayin ang kapatagan, aakyatin ang bundok at tatawirin ang dagat, makapiling lang ang isa't isa.

- Pinuno, Text Message



Lumabas tayo nung place mo para kumain... medyo malayo yung linakad natin at gutom na ako nun pero ok lang. Kasama naman kita. Pagkatapos natin kumain at magkuwentuhan naisipan nating mamasyal pero dahil wala ka pa masyadong tulog (at wala pa din ako masyadong tulog) naisipan mong umuwi na lang. Sabi ko, ok lang - basta kasama naman kita.

- Lukayo, Liham Para Sa Aking Asawa

No comments: