Sunday, May 7, 2006

Bunny Interludes Eight

Second Month

35th Session


Still, my work-out pushes through despite the erratic schedule and threats of burn-out I had these past few weeks after my former gym instructor had left. He was replaced by a better-looking instructor but unfortunately, he lacks the skills and motivation which my former trainer had. I would rather do my work-outs in the morning where I feel more comfortable with the instructor, which throughout the months have become my buddy as well.

In a few days, it would be my third month already. The longest I've been in the gym ever since. Everybody seems to notice the change - even I couldn't help but stare at myself whenever I'm in front of the mirror. Lately, I would even deliberately go out of the house half-naked just to show off. It never happened before, never I have been comfortable with myself.

Whenever I see the curves and bumps forming all over my body, I cannot help but remember that fateful date, February 13 of this year where I dreamed of the day I would finally reach the magic 160, which was my weight shortly before I broke up with my ex. Indeed it is a long trek and three months from the start of my journey is not enough even to reach halfway of it.

Yet, despite the odds in order to achieve my final goal, still there is a reason to celebrate. For the first time in two years, I am just around 5 pounds away from my normal weight status. It is something I have never thought of possibly achieving in such a relatively short time. Aside from that, from the longest time I could remember, people would make fun of my chest because it appears to be rounded, more like ladies' boobies. For the first time, the roundness is slowly becoming firmer. When I stand straight in a barely lit room, I could even see the line intersecting the middle of my chest. Perhaps in a few months time, it would become firm and muscular - like those we see from a Gym Buff's chest.

The list of reasons to celebrate will go on and on - from health, to confidence, to looks. Yet, in all the powers I have in my hands. Despite the growing strength and flexibility I can feel more and more as my progress continues. There is one thing I can never forget: One thing I would always look back to, whenever I stare at myself in the mirror:
---

Remember the time when some Odder used to tell me
that I am FAT? (He still does up to now). Well, I was 250 poundish then. But I
used those tormenting statements as a motivation for me to strive harder and
lose all the excess weight (and we are talking big time here) I gained since I
got to Manila.

Look at me now, I was able to reach my almost
ideal weight of 140 lbs in 7 months. I know I still got a long way to go but I
am getting there.

With perseverance, discipline and hardwork, I know
you can make it bud. Before you know it, you'll be slimmer than I am.

Just remain FOCUSED with your GOALS and YOU'LL GET
THERE.

If you need help, I'm just a message a
way.

=0)

- XP

---

Yes bud, no matter how you tell me that it was I who should be congratulated, you were the first person to believe in what I can be. I remember how the others taunted my dreams while u rush into my side during your birthday. I remember when phanks complained that I was too fat... you know. One thing about me, whether it may be good or bad is that I never forget. Whatever deed, may it be hurtful or an act of kindness will always stay in my heart.

Yours bud, is what's keeping my feet on the ground. Even though at this much flexibility, I can already fly.

Thank you.

No comments: