Friday, May 19, 2006

Pink Heart (Part One)

"pwede ko ba bigyan ng saysay ang buhay ko at sumali dito?"
- devilndzgyz, G4M

"so anong gagawin mo kapag narating mo na ang 160, ganito na lang palagi?"
- euphoria boy

---

I was staring blankly on the screen of my monitor after I reread their invitation two weeks ago. It was something I never thought someone with a very good heart could organize, especially in a website known for it's sleazyness and promiscuity throughout the local gay community.

At the same moment, the thoughts of Euphoria Boy and the deep conversations we had was still fresh in my mind. As I sought for the answer to his question above, something inside me tells me that I should sign up and join the group's activity.

And even though I don't know someone from the group, out of good faith and eagerness to help for a very noble cause, I decided to add my name to list of guys who would join G4M's outreach event.

For I know, I would feel good doing such act of kindness.

The very moment my name appeared on the forum, one of the organizers immediately sent me a private message thanking me for my support. My feelings then was full of jubilation. Finally, there's an opportunity for me to do good deeds while comfortably exposing my preference to everyone. At most, it would be a show of pride - for I will be doing something not all guys like me would have a chance to do, if have been given the same opportunity like what I have stumbled upon at G4M that crazy morning.

---

Two weeks later and the day finally came this afternoon.

The meeting time was 2 pm at Jollibee Tayuman. However, since I had to attend something at UP today for my graduate studies, it would mean that I would be late for the call time and will have to find the place alone.

The outreach activity is to visit an orphanage somewhere in Tayuman and give our donations of children's milk and diapers to the orphans. The organizers were strictly specific about our donations so it wasn't really a hassle finding the items to give. In fact, before I went to the orphanage, I simply had to drop by SM San Lazaro to acquire my contributions. Without any effort, I easily found them at the supermarket section.

The short trip from SM San Lazaro to the Immaculate Concepcion Church was pretty uneventful. My initial worries were they might have left since I was already an hour late from the agreed call time. Who would have thought that there's more to just giving our contributions, which I later found out.

When I got there at the church, the direction points to a blue gate across the street. Behind those gates is the orphanage. After a few short walks from where the jeep dropped me, I found a tall blue gate fortified with very high walls. To a mere passerby, one would never assume that behind those blue gates is an orphanage filled with children fated to be abandoned at a very young age.

---

Several minutes, I waited. Beside me was another participant who was also late for the event. When the gates were opened, what greeted us was a calm and serene environment very different from the scenes behind us. It appears that our visit was coincided by a major renovation for the benches were being painted outside and there were major works being done in their mess hall as well.

Two guys immediately approached us. I introduced myself as Tri[p], while it seems like the guy I met at the gate was already an active participant to their other social events before. The two guys introduced me to Mamou Divas, the organizer of the outreach program. From his name alone, one would have an impression on how he looks like. Well, he is a big gay guy with an equally big heart.

Our introduction was brief, for he was busy consolidating the donations coming from the other groups or what they call "clans" who decided to send their contributions for the charity activity. It appears that my contact wasn't there so I decided to go on my own and look around and see what the place got.

After all, it was my first time to visit an orphanage.

-tobecontinued-

No comments: