Tuesday, May 9, 2006

Disarm

So that when you’re finally home. Your last thoughts about me would be the scenes from the port tonight: the moment you saw me standing there at the entrance alone, while you were busy looking for a cart; wearing an olive green shirt, green short pants and fuchsia rubber shoes; words of concern I told you before you went to pick up your sister and her infant from the cab; the way I said “Ingat ka” and “Happy Vacation.” while subtly smiling at you as your sister’s husband bids farewell to a family he may never see again. You would just be gone for over a week and when you come back, who knows, I might be there at the same terminal, waiting for your arrival.

I hope that you enjoyed my surprise since it was your fervent wish to see me before you leave for Bohol.

And before I forget, I slipped my heart secretly into your pocket. I’ll take it back when we see each other again.

---

I used to be a little boy
So old in my shoes
And what I choose is my choice
What's a boy supposed to do?

- Smashing Pumpkins, Disarm

No comments: