Tuesday, May 9, 2006

Following The Sun (Finale)

Time had passed and many things in my family have changed. But on a good late afternoons like today, I could still remember that last great outing we had as a clan.

When I close my eyes, I could still picture in my thoughts our last few hours at the resort: Mom was busy packing up her things; my cousin taking a shower in the bathroom, while I took this photo of the plants outside our cottage while waiting for them to get ready. Whenever I look at it, all I could see is the tranquility of the picture.

Last Sunday, Mami Athena and my colleagues in the morning shift invited me to join their outing in Batangas. But since I am having a hard time coping up being away from home, I politely declined their offer. Yet, at the back of my mind, I was really dying to join them. I would have begged the driver to pull over the car in Alfonso so that I could take that breathtaking scene I saw when we passed that spot last time. It would have also been a great opportunity to enjoy the freedom I never found when in the company of my family. I could have spent the night at the beach waiting for the moon to set over the sea.

But there would always be time for that. Perhaps in a far-away future, I could just let loose of myself in such unfamiliar places like what Coconuter did. Someday, it will happen. I will make sure that I would have such experience.

---

When I passed by Dude's blog this afternoon, his photos once again reminded me of the beach. The place I am dying to see lately after I realized how bitin the last outing I had with my family was. It seems like his roadtrip was a blast. Looking at his pictures alone, one would assume that they wanted to prolong their vacation for a day or two.

I remembered posting at Eon's blog that I wanted to have a Baguio Escapades like he and his friends did this May. But since I am very much bounded by time and budget, I believe that such bold plans would have to take the backseat for an indefinite time.

---
The sun is about to set and another long day has come to an end. I hope that my masteral entrance exams this morning would produce good results.

Looking at the faces of those who took the exam, I wonder how much I fared in writing compared to them. Are they fictionist? storytellers? newswriters? journalists? Do they keep a blog like I do and doodle with it till their muses get tired of inspiring and inspiring? In many ways, I've realized that the reason why I feel so at ease expressing myself in my blog is because I know that I own this space.

Beyond the drama and the senti, my entries are for my own enjoyment; as well as to mark my existence, as I spend the rest of my days constantly following the sun.

No comments: