Monday, September 7, 2009

Mirror, Mirror

One overcast morning, I stood across the wall from where the mirror stood. Looking at the guy reflected on its surface, I asked him do I look gwapo. With a face looking like it just came from the battlefield - shabby hair, oily skin, and with gaundy eyes making pa-kyut in front of the mirror, The man obviously didn't speak. Instead, he just stared back without saying a word. Disappointed, I went back to my room and cam-whored using my phone until I was satisfied with the photos I took.

---

On some rare ocassions, the guy in the mirror do acknowledge my presence. Just like this night, while mom was glued on her favorite Kapamilya teleserye I stood across the wall to ask again the age-old question.

"Do I look good?" I inquired. No word came back.

Just when I was about to leave, I heard a voice speaking. Finally, the elusive self granted me an audience.

"I find your broad shoulders hot, and so is your new haircut." He said. In my head, of course.

"Now stop bugging me. It's not so you to ask this silly question."

I left the spot, happy with the mirror's reply.

21 comments:

blagadag said...

patingin. ako sasagot.

<*period*> said...

for me, you are

your beauty exudes beyond what you can offer to other people's eyes

your beauty is skin deep...

thus your beauty shines from your good heart

Anonymous said...

50 pogi points for the new haircut! unknown_danger

peeeetah said...

agree @period

buti pa bagong gupit! :))

MkSurf8 said...

sige nga kakausapin ko rin sya!

engel said...

confidence is the key.

that's all.

and i agree with what period said.

Mr. Slutty said...

Narcissistic ba ang drama, kapatid? =)

mikel said...

your prose is beautiful as ever :)

wanderingcommuter said...

evil and insecure queen lang ang nagtatanong sa mirror... hehehehe!

Unknown said...

hehehe kakatuwa ka din Knox ah.

Dagger Deeds said...

Ala snow white ba ito...?

Mugen said...

Blagadag: Huwag na, mas bias ka pa sa salamin. LOL.

Period: Ikaw naman, masyado mo sineseryoso tong entry na to. Minsan na nga lang ako maging kuwela eh.

Dahil heavy ang mga susunod na entry.

Unknown Danger: Hindi ako nagpasemikal. So... Hindi yun pogi points para sa iyo.

Mugen said...

Peeetah: Pagupit ka rin, para makalimutan mo na heartbroken ka. :)

MkSurf8: Puwedeng ako na lang ang lalaki sa salamin? Pramis, matutuwa ka sa sasabihin ko.

Engel: I'm a little dangerous when I'm confident, that's why I have to remind myself to keep a modest attitude towards my looks.

Mugen said...

Mr. Scheez: Huwag ka, kung puwede ko lang i-clone ang sarili ko, tagal ko nang ginawa. Hahaha.

Mikel: Thanks dude. Glad I found your blog again.

Ewik: At least ang mirror hindi nirurub ang ego ko. Considerate lang siya sa mga gusto kong marinig.

Mugen said...

Xtian: Tao lang. Naghahanap rin ako ng vindication sa sarili. :P

Dagger Deeds: I'm more of a hunky diva. Nyahahaha.

<*period*> said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
<*period*> said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
period said...

sige, bawiin ko na lang ang sinabi ko para magmukhang sinakyan ko pagiging kuwela mo...

kwela..kwela..kwela...

ayan, kwela na ang comment ko.

<*wink*>

kaw naman, alam mo namang nagpa-praktis ako para sa pagsagot sa miss world...lapit na ng competition.

choz

Anonymous said...

ndi ako un ngpoint sau..un mirror mo. naniniwala k b ng ang beauty nsa symmetry? unknown_danger

Anonymous said...

mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the fairest of them all?

Anonymous said...

I hope your mom gets well kapatid.

My inay passed-away almost two months ago. I miss her so much. =(