Sunday, January 21, 2007

Bunny Interludes Fifteen (Panic House Remix 1)

The efforts of ten months, gone in just the month of January.

Blame the holidays for it, but the long and slow move from my old gym in Recto to the much publicized Eclipse Gym that will open another branch somewhere in the east this mid-February earned me the horrible flabs I've been carrying on my sides again lately.

No wonder, I stopped being vain and uber-confident with myself.

I checked my weight this evening and its results scared the wits out of me. Ten pounds more and I'm back from square one - the weight I had last year. If I delay my workout until the gym in Shaw opens, I might lose everything by then.

So I have to make a move and I really need to move fast.

Thus, I declare a state of National Jubesity.

Starting tomorrow, I will cut my food intake by half - particularly the rice which is the bane of a Bunny Chaser's existence. Gone are the C2s and Nestea Ice Teas in the morning and I will revert back to the old and reliable H20s, which I hope would flush the glucose and fats out of my body. I would walk more and sit less from now on. My job requires an 8 hours of sitting everyday and if I would ignore the signs today, I might end up in a far worse condition compared to when I was just starting. As a last desperate resort, I will apply for membership in the Eclipse Gym in Manila, despite its distance from where I come from.

Hopefully, these moves will slow down the fat build-up and gradually recover everything that I have lost in the past month when I ceased working out. It may put a heavier strain on my body, but the urgency to keep what I have achieved last year is of utmost importance.

It's true that when one starts working out to develop his body, he will be forever a slave to it - or else, risk acquiring more of what he had hoped to eradicate. I am now a living example of this saying and as a result, I have to shape up more just to eradicate the stigma away from me.

Things will surely change come Monday.

I just hope that, like last year, my gamble will pay off again.

No comments: